Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,717 Posts
vrabinec said:
You are awsome. No, no sarcasm this time. Sincerely, thanx. 8) 8)
Don't thank me! The developer is an occasional KBer and he is AWESOME at providing support for the program. It's well worth the $60. Unfortunately, it's Windows-only, but Mac users still have the better version of Scrivener, so it evens out.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
vrabinec said:
$60?!?!? I thought it was free. Never mind. ;D
Gosh, I hate paying people for their hard work and time. No way a useful tool for my business is worth as much as an XBox game! PAH!

Mathew Reuther said:
What can this do that makes it worth the money?

Maybe I should qualify that.

At what point does something like this become useful enough above the ability to import data to your own spreadsheet (which is free) due to the functions it gives you access to?

What things does it do that make you think "this is actually useful to me making more money in the future" as opposed to "I can look at my numbers in a different way, shiny!" . . .

I'm all for tools that are awesome. I buy all the tools I can to help me out. I'm just wondering what specific things this tool does that makes it awesome.
Right now, I manage about fifty books by five or six different authors/pseudonyms, across many, many vendors. This time next year, I will probably have quite a bit more than that. This saves me a lot of time that could be spent writing the next book that will help fill my tower with gold bullion instead of fiddling with spreadsheets. I can't swim in a tower NOT filled with gold bullion. I hope you understand.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
vrabinec said:
You, too?! I thought it was just me. Anyway, I don't have a bazillion books out like you do, so the $60 isn't worth it to me right now. I would buy it if it was cheaper, though.
Yeah, I'm not sure it's super useful for people who don't do the publishery thing. Just thought I'd offer it as an option to OP.

Mathew Reuther said:
Hence my question about "at which point does it start to make real sense" . . .

That's a vague thing to ask, I realize. Different for everyone, I suppose. d*mn my eyes.

:)
At the point where my writing time becomes worth about $100 an hour, counting only the first month of a book's life, and I want this data with as little labor as possible on my part.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Mark Fassett said:
I emailed them. They haven't responded yet.

As for Apple, Deanna brought it to my attention that the reports from Apple are compressed when you download them. The next update for TrackerBox (probably Monday) will import the .gz files from Apple without the need for you to decompress them first.
Dude, you rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.