Kindle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

· Registered
2,257 Posts
smreine said:
Holy crap. This is amazing. Where has this been all my life? Downloaded, paid, happy as a clam.

Seriously, it's a wonderful tool. I'm only halfway through importing stuff, but it is super easy and lots of options to see sales numbers with free or not free, units moved, by title, by date, etc. Dude. I'll never get words down today, now.

· Registered
303 Posts
Susan Kaye Quinn said:
You can download it for a free trial period of 45 days (which I did last fall, played around, and decided I didn't want it, since it didn't have iBookstore. Now that it does, I'm thinking this is totally the way to go!).
I wish you had said something about it then. I absolutely would have added iBoostore for you. I just didn't have any reports to work with, since I wasn't going direct to Apple, then. I am now, but still don't have my own reports. But in the same week, one current customer, and one potential customer asked me about them and I added them. PM me if you want to give it another try.

· Registered
602 Posts
My husband has actually been working on a google doc spreadsheet database thingy that would do all this for you in google drive for free, but it's still in progress. (ETA: I doubt my husband's version will have nearly the tools the Trackerbox has, just meant it would help you create spreadsheets automatically.)

For now, I use a spreadsheet template I created myself. It's by no means perfect, but it might give some of you an idea as to how you could organize your monthly sales. Feel free to use the template and customize it for yourself. All you have to do is click file and Make a Copy, then change out my book names and prices and such to your own. Like I said, it's not pretty, but it works. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvMTr-uQz2GkdGdYd3NabFd2Zml1V2lpU3dDWkE3elE&usp=sharing

I have one sheet for each of my books, then a final summary page of the series that tells me how many I've sold total today, how much money I made today. What my average sales per day are for the month and then what my average income is per day so far. I use that average income to then estimate in that far right column how much I will make this month. (Also ETA: I actually have 2 templates - a 30 day and a 31 day. At the beginning of each month, I "make a copy" in google drive and rename it to "January 2013 Sales" or whatever corresponding month.)

I enter my sales into it every night at midnight. It takes like 2 minutes, but that way I can always keep track of daily Amazon sales since they don't break it out for you by day in their reports. Hope this helps someone out there. That Trackerbox software looks amazing, though. Does it pull down numbers at a certain time every day? Or just once a month?

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Mark Fassett said:
I wish you had said something about it then. I absolutely would have added iBoostore for you. I just didn't have any reports to work with, since I wasn't going direct to Apple, then. I am now, but still don't have my own reports. But in the same week, one current customer, and one potential customer asked me about them and I added them. PM me if you want to give it another try.
You know, I'm almost sure I did email you and say "hey, you need to add iBookstore"! Then again, I probably meant to do that and then got distracted by a squirrel. :)

p.s. I downloaded the trial again (new computer) and I'll register as soon as I get the squirrels caged again.

· Registered
2,504 Posts
I have 4 pen names and am so not keeping track - will have a look at trackerbox when I get time.

Is anyone using storybox from the same site? I have tried to use scrivener a few times and have given up every time in frustration. If you're using storybox, how easy was it to use the first time?

· Registered
602 Posts
Yes, Caitie, I just copy and rename it for each month and then put them all in a folder called 2012 or 2013 or whatever. I also do have one spreadsheet where I have all my lifetime total sales tracked as well, but I have that basic worksheet with all the different books and a summary for every month too.

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Got the free trial of the program and I guess I'm too stupid to use it because I imported all the reports and my numbers don't match with my plain Excel spreadsheet.  :D This is like Scrivener. Easy to use for everyone except me.

· Registered
303 Posts
Deanna Chase said:
Okay, I've run into a problem. I can't seem to figure out how to import my ibookstore figures. Anyone?
There are two different types (from what I know - I just started with them, so I haven't got any of my own to look at). One is a "monthly" report and one is a weekly report.

The monthly ones, you can get from the itunesconnect site under payments and financial reports and download the txt files by month and market (you'll need to download each separately since they don't combine them like Amazon).

The weekly reports come from the "Sales and Trends" screen. These, I understand, are only available for the past 12 weeks.

Either one should work, but once you choose one of them, you will not be able to switch to the other (without starting the whole database over).

If this doesn't help, send me an email (to the support address) and I'll help you figure it out. I've only tested with a limited set of reports that customers sent me, so it's possible if yours aren't working, you've got something in them that I couldn't see from those reports.

They "should" just work. If they don't, I'll make them "just work".

· Registered
2,257 Posts
I'm going to send you an email. The monthly files have to be converted to xls from txt. I'll send both and what Apple tells us to do. Then we can go from there. I've got all my other vendors in there with no problem what-so-ever. Smashwords, B&N, Amz, Kobo, Lightning Source. Apple just gives us weird reports.

Edit. User error. Everything is working fine. Thanks, Mark!

· Registered
303 Posts
Deanna Chase said:
I'm going to send you an email. The monthly files have to be converted to xls from txt. I'll send both and what Apple tells us to do. Then we can go from there. I've got all my other vendors in there with no problem what-so-ever. Smashwords, B&N, Amz, Kobo, Lightning Source. Apple just gives us weird reports.
Actually, you only need to convert to xls if you want to view it in excel. TrackerBox imports directly from the .txt files to save you the hassle of having to do any conversion by hand. It's the same way for all the vendors. Whatever they send, that's what TrackerBox imports.

PS. Got your email and responded.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Deanna Chase said:

Edit. User error. Everything is working fine. Thanks, Mark!
I loath Apple's direct reports! Does this mean you got them to work properly with Trackerbox?

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Deanna Chase said:
I did! Right now you have to unzip their files, but then it works fine. Mark is trying to eliminate that step. But yeah, it's working great.
Good to know! Thanks!

· Registered
303 Posts
katherinef said:
Got the free trial of the program and I guess I'm too stupid to use it because I imported all the reports and my numbers don't match with my plain Excel spreadsheet. :D This is like Scrivener. Easy to use for everyone except me.
There's an option in the preferences to turn on/off the inclusion of free downloads in your numbers, which could skew the totals. This option is also available to individual report views under the options filter (left hand side of the report view). Just email me at the support at storyboxsoftware.com and I'll help you get it sorted out.

· Registered
531 Posts
I've started playing with Draft2Digital lately, to see how it works for a few releases... Any chance of adding them to the list for supported retailer/distributors?

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.