Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D  I used my K2, Text to Speech and my Bose Noise Cancelling headsets. It was fantastic.

I love my kindle. ;D

·
Registered
534 Posts
KindTrish, I have not thought of this...now I'm going to want to mow the lawn! My hubby will be so happy.
TY!! :-*

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
So KindTrish - what type of holder/cover/case did you tote your K2 around in?

I use my mp3 player for audiobooks whenever I am doing any type of housework or lawnwork (that doesn't involve electric gadgets that make a lot of noise. Gets me to sweep instead of vacuuming non-carpeted floors so I can hear the books).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CegAbq said:
So KindTrish - what type of holder/cover/case did you tote your K2 around in?
It is housed in an M-edge cover - but i put it in the Borsa Bella Travel Bag and it worked great.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rasputina said:
LOL ya I was wondering, what you got like 100 acres?
Well - a small lawn mower and and a book with short chapters.

·
Registered
621 Posts
frojazz said:
KindTrish, I have not thought of this...now I'm going to want to mow the lawn! My hubby will be so happy.
TY!! :-*
I hadn't thought of this, either. Oh, not mowing the lawn--that is the landlord's job but why on earth didn't I think of listening to a book while I walk outside! For some reason, I only assocoate letting the Kindle read to me on the treadmill!

patrisha

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I like the part about the noise canceling headset, but I don't think I'll start mowing. What a wonderful way to get a chore done. Loved it. :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Wow cool idea.I bet it made the mowing go alot quicker too :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
great idea. makes chore time play time.  i sometime use my ER-4s earphones with my kindle in noisy places.  they're ear plugs/earphones and work very well.  even in extremely noisy places the speech comes through crystal clear minus the noise, except i'm the type that has difficulty staying focused on whats being spoken unless i'm sitting still.  i have a hard enough time breathing and walking at the same time. :-\

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I work the Amateur Trap Association shoots held at our club.  We have vendors that set up booths.  One of the vendors makes fitted ear plugs.  Some of the men take a pair of earbuds and have them integrated into the fitted plugs.  They use these for shooting and for mowing grass and other activities.  I'm thinking of getting a pair of earbuds and having my own set made.  It's not very expensive, about $25.00.
deb

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Great idea! It had never occurred to me to use my K2 in a fairly enclosed situation, like a closed cover and a BB travel bag. I hadn't really considered having my K2 read to me while I'm on my treadmill, either. (Please cut me some slack, as I'm a new owner of my K2.  LOL)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
drenee said:
I work the Amateur Trap Association shoots held at our club. We have vendors that set up booths. One of the vendors makes fitted ear plugs. Some of the men take a pair of earbuds and have them integrated into the fitted plugs. They use these for shooting and for mowing grass and other activities. I'm thinking of getting a pair of earbuds and having my own set made. It's not very expensive, about $25.00.
deb
That sounds like a great idea! Do they really cancel the outside sounds so you can hear the audio without having the audio turned up to a high volume?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
haha, funny. Were there parts that you quiet didn't catch because of the robotic voice?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kathy said:
I like the part about the noise canceling headset, but I don't think I'll start mowing. What a wonderful way to get a chore done. Loved it. :)
At work I have to take an annual hearing test and the nurse asked me about my checklist I had filled out. She said, "So you say here that the two high risk factors for your hearing are mowing the lawn and listening to loud music?" I said, "Yup, and both at the same time." :)

To be true though, my headphones are also noise canceling so I don't actually hear the mower.

Link if anyone cares....http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/shure-e4/4505-7877_7-31481754.html

·
Registered
460 Posts
The voice is a bit robotic, but this is a really handy feature (for the authors/publishers that allow it) and I'm looking forward to hearing the voices improve in future.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kind said:
haha, funny. Were there parts that you quiet didn't catch because of the robotic voice?
Oh that's funny- ha ha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts