Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kindle updated to 1.2 at some point within the last 5 hours.  It did so without my knowledge nor consent.  I'm actually kinda peeved cuz I wanted to see the "Don't you dare touch me I'm updating!!" type of screen on my Kindle that some folks have mentioned.  (Edited to add:  but I missed it, the update screen that is, if it even did happen, because I had the cover closed on my Kindle.)

So, I had 1.1.1 at 5:20pm pacific earlier today; now at 10:20pm pacific I have 1.2

(btw, I have to type extremely slow because of physical disability, so you'll see this message much later than when I started to type it.)

I thought they were done "testing" the software upgrade via whispernet feature?

Anyone else got 'hit' today with an update to 1.2?

Thanks a bunch,

-Xia-

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm leaving mine on over night to maybe get it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine is 1.0.8.  I only have Whispernet on when I know I have items wanting to be downloaded, or if I am accessing the Internet or GMail.  I'll leave my Whispernet on tomorrow and see what happens.  I am firing her up tonight...  This is interesting!

I

·
0 Posts
Careful! It seems like when you least suspect it, Kindles will do a stealth upgrade. Who will be next?

will it be you?

YOU?

or YOU?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Only steven9 knows for sure  ;D
see other thread about firmware 1.2

www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,2762.msg69631.html#new

B

·
0 Posts
Vampyre said:
Careful! It seems like when you least suspect it, Kindles will do a stealth upgrade. Who will be next?

will it be you?

YOU?

or YOU?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts