Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have officially arrived! Ever since I could hold a stapler and fold paper in half I have wanted to write books. Last night I finally set up the pre-order for my first book ever to be published. This morning it went live, and now twelve hours later I already have 10 pre-orders!! I couldn't even speak in full sentences this morning when I searched for the book in Amazon and there it was. To top off the most perfect day ever, my parents and my husband teamed up to surprise me with a happy writer-graduates-to-published-author gift, my first Mac!!

Seriously, I don't know how this day could get any better. And you know what my "business plan" was before I found kboards? Here it is: 2015 - Write two (standalone) novels. 2016 - Edit two novels and begin contacting agents. 2017 - Hopefully get accepted by an agent and dare I hope for a publisher too? 2018 - Be published. Finally. So after a few months of lurking around here I flipped the board on myself and started a new plan. Write fast, write a lot, write a series. And look! It's working! Everyone here has been so amazing and giving with their own insights and experience, so thank you so much for both the information and the inspiration. I hope someday soon that I can give a little back in return. Thank you!

Thanks to Heather Hamilton-Senter for the cover art, thanks to Adam Poe and Sheila of Frostbite for the beta read and the formatting services, and thanks to Laura Kingsley for the editing. You guys are wonderful!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both Annie and Sever for the kind words! I follow both of your posts religiously soaking up your knowledge, so thank you for that too! And yes, Heather did a beyond wonderful job with the cover, I couldn't be happier :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Liz!!!! I can't wait to see your debut kboards announcement at the end of this year too!!

drno said:
Good luck! Is that Barbarella on the cover? :)
Shhh, we had a strict confidentiality agreement for Barbarella to come model for my book ;P

·
Registered
451 Posts
Indigo W said:
Thanks Liz!!!! I can't wait to see your debut kboards announcement at the end of this year too!!
Don't forget to add a picture to your sig once it's out! :D

Ahhh I'm so nervous about the end of the year and I haven't even started editing yet! Yikes!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Congratulations! (insert obligatory KBoards "get that second book done!" note here ;D )

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Congratulations! May your sales be many.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congrats! The cover looks GREAT! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aw, shucks guys! Thank you everyone! I hope my writing does Heather's amazing cover artwork the justice it so rightly deserves!! ;D

Arshness said:
Your book sounds interesting! I may have to grab it!
Thanks Arsh, I appreciate the support!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts