Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we couldn't do this, but I went to Manage My Kindle, to subscriptions, and it had instructions for how I could send an old issue (that  I'd received on my K1) to my K2 . . . so now I have a past issue on my new Kindle  ;D  ;D  ;D

Kathie

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
This is great news!  It's been a serious issue for some of our members.  Someone else try this and report!  Is it just an aberration of has Amazon resolved this!

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I don't see anything on that page that indicates that you can send old issues to a different Kindle... Can you copy and paste the information you saw, or post a screen capture?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the steps. Give me a minute to get the screen shot uploaded. The screen shot will have red numbers that correspond with the numbered steps below.

Go to Manage your kindle
Go to your active subscriptions
1. First be sure that your new Kindle shows as the one you want your issues to go to
2. in front of the magazine name is a + click the +, and a drop down box says "Past editions: Download or send wirelessly"
3. Pick which issue you want
4. click Send wirelessly to Kindle

It took quite a while to download

Stand by for the picture, have to figure out how to do it

Kathie

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
On my husbands Wall Street Journal subscription only the last seven issues appear in the dropdown... Is it the same for your magazines?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I had read about that before, Verena; your Kindle will keep old issues on it but you can only redownload so many, I guess the last 8 issues or two months?  It's somewhere in one of the threads.

This is a help, but we do have some members who have a lot more past issues on their Kindle 1 that they were hoping to transfer.

Thanks for the info!

Betsy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts