Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Kate Kindle for several months now, and OMG I love her!!!! I can no longer imagine life without her.  What did I DOOOO??? I remember scanning my bookshelves desperately for a book to re-read, b/c I hadn't gotten around to ordering new books or getting to the library.  Now I just turn on Kate!

I have to say that my TV watching has gone WAY down. It was down anyway since I don't get cable where I live, and the digital conversion (damn it to heck!  :mad:) has resulted in my going from 5 watchable channels to 2 sometimes watchable channels, but now I have a hard time even making time for Netflix movies!  I just want to READ!

Thank you, Jeff B, for inventing the Kindle.  May you have a long and happy life and go directly to heaven without passing go when that time finally comes.  ;D

·
Registered
257 Posts
LOL - I know how you feel. My TV time is down to "So You Think You Can Dance". I'm back to reading 3-4 books a week again! My wife says the Kindle has become attached and I should have surgery to remove it from my hand!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
My TV viewing time has gone down to about nil also.  I'm seriously debating dropping it altogether.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Much of the time I spend on my Kindle was time I was watching TV - great trade off!  Maybe this should be another poll.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've been thinking about letting cable go too. I kept thinking that I would go back to tv someday but 8 months later I still haven't.

Melissa

·
Registered
195 Posts
pawsplus said:
Thank you, Jeff B, for inventing the Kindle. May you have a long and happy life and go directly to heaven without passing go when that time finally comes. ;D
Amen.

Crazy as it sounds, the Kindle has improved my quality of life ;D

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I sooo know what you mean.
I barely watch any tv anymore,I also have a netflix subscription, and movies sit here forever now before getting watched,so when my 1 yr gift membership runs out I think I will cancel.
I truly enjoy the changes my Kindles have allowed me to make,and I wouldn't go back to a non Kindle life for anything :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I agree. I remember reading, before I got my Kindle, how you all said it was addictive. I was skeptical. But now that I have one and have read quite a number of books with it, well, I'm addicted, I admit. Now I resent the fact that I can't sit and read without having to get up and stretch every 20 minutes or half an hour. I get stiff. I need to figure out how to read on my bicycle.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yup, that's me too. Shows just keep piling up on Tivo and I have absolutely no interest in watching them. About a month ago, my Tivo hard drive crashed and I lost about 80 hours worth of shows. I didn't even care. Probably would never have gotten around to them anyway, and these days I'd so much rather be snuggled up with my K.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I know how you feel. I love mine as well. I can hardly wait to get home to read and I love taking it with me and showing it off. :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I record Peoples Court everyday...I've opted out of watching recordings for my KK.  I do enjoy reading more now than I did before.  I think I have a lot of t.v. recordings to catch up on....LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
RamTheHammer said:
LOL - I know how you feel. My TV time is down to "So You Think You Can Dance". I'm back to reading 3-4 books a week again! My wife says the Kindle has become attached and I should have surgery to remove it from my hand!
Funny, my husband said the same thing when he saw me grilling on the deck with my Kindle in one hand and an Ove-Glove and barbecue fork in the other!

PawsPlus, you are definitely not alone! :D

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments expressed by you all. I love my Kindle 2, and I don't leave home without it. What a wonderful use of technology!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
DD said:
Funny, my husband said the same thing when he saw me grilling on the deck with my Kindle in one hand and an Ove-Glove and barbecue fork in the other!

Besides the kindle...the ove-glove is also a must-have!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My DH loves my kindle because he can watch all the sports he wants and I'll sit and read on my kindle!  He is soo not a reader but doesn't stop me at all.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My TV watching is way down, and reading way up. To the point that my husband is feeling guilty about buying me my Kindle, because I have spent more on books and accessories than he spent on the Kindle! Which was a gift. It's become a bit of a bad habit....

I love the text to speech. I don't love the voice, or the way she mispronounces words, but I love the fact that I can go back and forth between reading and being read to. I turn her on while on the treadmill, and while making breakfast, both of which would have been TV time before my kindle arrived. Then I read while I eat, turn on the text to speech while doing hair and makeup then again in my car. Same in the evening, she reads to my while I make dinner, then I read her while my husband watches the news, or whatever he wants. I've probably increased my reading/listening time and decreased my TV time by two hours a day.

For the person commenting about riding a bike and listening, get a bag and headphones, works great. I walk with her reading to me now and then, but do find I'm more likely to get run over, since I focus on the reading and not the cars! Also I ignore my dogs.....

Love my Kindle!!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
DD said:

That could be dangerous!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My TV time is also way down.  I find I turn it on, and then ignore it.  I was spending a lot of time rewinding my DVR to see what they said.  I love my Kindle as well.  And I love the Kindleboards as well.  Without them I would not have found so many new and exciting books I can't seem to put down. 
deb

1 - 20 of 26 Posts