Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong, I love the percentage.  The percentage makes more sense, but I liked those little dots.  I felt rewarded whenever one would pop up.  Of course, I think they also distracted me from reading :p

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like plain old page numbers.  I know they could have done it-- the Sony has page numbers, which change accordingly if you change font size.  Oh, well.  Bar, dots, %, all fine with me if I can't have page numbers!

·
Registered
723 Posts
kirwoodd said:
I'm confused Jasper.
My kindle 2 has a progress bar AND the percentage.
The K1 was more of a graphical depiction.
K2 has the % and the bar that equates to the percentage as a bar not a series of dots.
I do not notice the bar at all unless I want to.

Make sense?
I am tired...

Eric

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Me too!  I used to watch the dots and get all excited when I would get another one, especially in long books.  But the bigger the book, the harder it was to tell when you got another dot, I caught myself a couple times hitting previous page to try to compare the number of dots between pages.

·
Registered
163 Posts
if you click the progress bar (dots) on the K1, you get a visual of all of your bookmarks.  Then, from where you are you can press next pg, prev pg to navigate to the next or previous bookmark.  Can you still do that on the K2? 

I like this feature on the K1 because sometimes I like to go back to parts I've saved and reread them, then go forward again. 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Esther said:
if you click the progress bar (dots) on the K1, you get a visual of all of your bookmarks. Then, from where you are you can press next pg, prev pg to navigate to the next or previous bookmark. Can you still do that on the K2?

I like this feature on the K1 because sometimes I like to go back to parts I've saved and reread them, then go forward again.
I don't think so but if you click on menu while in a book, you can select the My Notes & Marks and you can see your bookmarks and notes all in one place. I've lost my access to the K1 for the night so I can't see if this was a feature (if it was, it wasn't one I used)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts