Kindle Forum banner

I know this shouldn't make me feel good...

610 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  glutton 
G
#1 ·
but I saw a novel just now on Amazon with an interesting enough cover (read: female warrior) that I decided to open up the sample. Lo and beyond this 'book' had basically no consistent formatting (most paragraphs had no indentation or space between them, with a few indented at random), no evidence of proofreading or editing and rambling narrative reminiscent of freeform roleplaying on gaming forums.

Gives hope to those of us who care about presentation lol.

#3 ·
There's a thread from earlier this weekend that the formating for "Look Inside" for a bunch of books is doing that. Last I saw the thread, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who it was happening to or why. I checked my older title and my brand new one and neither of them fell in, so it's not timing.

G
#5 ·
Looks like I spoke too soon on the formatting part since I checked and this

Caitie Quinn said:
There's a thread from earlier this weekend that the formating for "Look Inside" for a bunch of books is doing that. Last I saw the thread, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who it was happening to or why. I checked my older title and my brand new one and neither of them fell in, so it's not timing.
is actually happening to my samples too lol.

The book in question still does have an amusing number of typos and hilariously erratic pacing though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.