Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the cover the kindle comes with?  It clicks into place and I haven't had any problem with it falling out.  Are the other covers out there that much better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,897 Posts
It is OK.  I'm in no rush to buy another -- if I do.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Cowgirl said:
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the cover the kindle comes with? It clicks into place and I haven't had any problem with it falling out. Are the other covers out there that much better?
I didn't like it at all. I put a velcro dot on the corner and that kept the Kindle in the case (sort of) but I just thought the cover was sort of meh.

Over in the photo gallery thread I posted pictures of my red M-edge cover, inside and out, if you want to see what it looks like.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
I don't need a pretty cover. My original cover works fabulously...I still feel like I could juglge my Kindle and it would stay put. As I've said on Amazon...I don't know how to juggle; maybe I'll teach myself so I can test this theory. Is there a good Kindle book on juggling? One with fabulous greyscale illustrations?

I'm surprised Teninx hasn't mentioned his thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
I haven't taken mine out of the packaging yet... just in case Friday gets here and I really have to wrap it up for Christmas  :'(  I went ahead and orders a cover based on the opinions of many that they didn't like the original one. I plan to give it a try and who knows, I may like it... I can always save the one I have ordered to use later on. I am holding off on buying too many accessories, as I would rather spend that money on books!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
I like the cover. I flip the front of it to the back when I'm reading. And when I have it closed with the elastic band, it seems secure enough for me. I will be getting something for when I take the Kindle with me places out of the home. I've bookmarked a few that I have seen links for on this forum. One with a strap will be nice.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,251 Posts
I had no problem with the Kindle staying in the original cover.  But I really hate stretched out elastic and it was stretched out in just a few weeks.  So I got an M-edge.  No more floppy elastic.

Ann
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
What would REALLY be great is a cover that would also hold my iPod comfortably.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
FearNot said:
What would REALLY be great is a cover that would also hold my iPod comfortably.
Yes, I would like one that would hold my iPhone and Kindle.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Leslie said:
Yes, I would like one that would hold my iPhone and Kindle.

L
My daughter is thinking of getting iPhone. There's a rumor that iPhone's connection is not so good. Is it true?

Shizu
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,251 Posts
Leslie said:
Yes, I would like one that would hold my iPhone and Kindle.

L
Yeah! and my wallet and keys and 'girl stuff'. Oh, wait. I guess I have one of those. It's a purse! :)

Actually I have several, though I have recently retired some because they aren't big enough for the Kindle. Why is it that when you shop for purses on line, they almost never have pictures of the insides?????

Ann
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,913 Posts
Shizu said:
My daughter is thinking of getting iPhone. There's a rumor that iPhone's connection is not so good. Is it true?

Shizu
It's like any other wireless device, the closer you are to the source, the better the service.

If AT&T has a lot of towers in your area, and 3G in your area, the service is excellent, like it is here around Chicago. I have had no problems with dropped calls or interference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,913 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Yeah! and my wallet and keys and 'girl stuff'. Oh, wait. I guess I have one of those. It's a purse! :)

Actually I have several, though I have recently retired some because they aren't big enough for the Kindle. Why is it that when you shop for purses on line, they almost never have pictures of the insides?????

Ann
You need to join the purse forum.... The girls there love to take pictures of their bags.....

http://forum.purseblog.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
I have no problem with the cover since I read my kindle naked. That said I have the Waterfield bags for protection when I travel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All great comments.  I never thought about that elastic stretching out too much...I'll see how it goes...Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Ann Von Hagel said:
Yeah! and my wallet and keys and 'girl stuff'. Oh, wait. I guess I have one of those. It's a purse! :)

Actually I have several, though I have recently retired some because they aren't big enough for the Kindle. Why is it that when you shop for purses on line, they almost never have pictures of the insides?????

Ann
You need to join the purse forum.... The girls there love to take pictures of their bags.....

http://forum.purseblog.com/
My other weakness........do I really need another forum on my hands???? Yikes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Cowgirl said:
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the cover the kindle comes with? It clicks into place and I haven't had any problem with it falling out. Are the other covers out there that much better?
Initially I had no issues with it but the elastic is stretching and occasionally my Kindle will "unhook" from the cover or the battery cover will just slip out. Luckily I caught it when it did that! Also, I want something pretty :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Great idea of a cover that would hold the Kindle and iPod...two of my favorite things.

Linda
How about a way to connect the kindle and iPod? So we can use the kindle's speakers and control what we listen to.

As for the kindle cover...I myself haven't problems with it, considering I have read about the kindle's tendency to slip out. The people that have had problems with my cover are the ones that don't know about the possibility of it slipping. My friend and my bro almost dropped it.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top