Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had guests at the house. mom decided to use her Shaffers (food warmers or what ever you call them). we've never used them before. Now one of them is stuck... there is water still between the two layers and we can't get it out. Any suggestion on how to divide the two from one another? I already broke one of my mom's wooden spoons trying to pry it open.

G

·
1) Chafing Dish

2) To separate them, while the bottom one is still hot (too late for you) put ice water in the inner/upper one.  The inner/upper layer contracts while the lower/outer pan is expanded from the heat.

3) Try squeezing some dish soap along the seam.  Let it sit and seep in for half an hour.  Then try pulling them apart.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Vampyre said:
Wow VA you guys really know how to entertain your guests! hehehe. I don't know what those things are.
LOL! I had no idea what they were talking about either. The only thing i know about food is Carls Jr Burger King to name a couple and a microwave. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
For next time, it's probably a good idea to remove the top pan before you turn off the heat. That way, you won't get them stuck together. The difference in heat causes a vacuum, sealing the two halves together (as you found out).

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She cooked more for my college friends (who are in town for newyears) than she did for my brother and I for christmas .....I told her only three of them were coming over. We could have fed about 10 more.
they look like this

Told mom that the last resort was drilling a hole through the metal (was messing with her) but she gave me the saddest look. I felt bad after I got that look. (I know drilling a hole into a container under pressure isn't the smartest thing. was trying to see if she realized that.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts