Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I average about 2-3 sales on Amazon UK... a month  :D  But what I do enjoy is that when one of my stories is bought I'll be 5,000 or lower ranking for a couple of hours that day. 

Not that that increases my sales at all.

And then I lean back and fantasize about having a 5,000 or lower sales rank all the time on Amazon US.  Maybe sip some port.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My "A Model Railway Man" seems to be the most popular one over there (Brits love their trains).  When I sell one of those it will go as low as 1,000.  ;D

Today I actually sold one of my sci-fi stories over there and it went to a pleasing 15k for most of the day.

No luck with DE yet.  :mad:

It's almost pointless to even have the sales ranks over there.  It clearly makes very little difference.  I mean a 5,000 sales rank for the WHOLE day doesn't result in a SINGLE additional sale?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I feel you on the UK thing! Although it's caused this ridiculous insecurity in me with no sales in DE yet - it makes me really want them to like me. Just one sale! Just one, please! You know, crazy midnight thoughts.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IndiaLeeBooks said:
I feel you on the UK thing! Although it's caused this ridiculous insecurity in me with no sales in DE yet - it makes me really want them to like me. Just one sale! Just one, please! You know, crazy midnight thoughts.
Just remember, once you get a DE sale you are now validated as a human :D

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
philvan said:
Remember your books will stay there as long as you want, while reading devices become more popular and more books are bought. Eventually, if you retain your current relative sales rank, it will become more meaningful.
This I know. It's just a marked difference between UK and US. In the US Amazon, a 1,000 sales rank is like a front page story. Even just having that rank for a few hours would result in a couple of sales. Not so with UK Amazon.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I have had one sale to date in Germany.

Straight after it was bought, I went to #1200 overall!

I used to get a sale every couple of days in the UK, and that would push me up to 5000 or so right after (and into the Short Story Top 100). It's nice to outsell Kafka, Gaiman, and Shakespeare, even if it's only for an hour.

I was actually sandwiched between two Philip K. Dick stories once (he's a hero of mine). You can guess what I named the screenshot that I sent my friends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.