Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....don't fill them up with that mylar confetti shaped like little snowmen and trees and snowflakes. It's not that cute when the recipient has to try and vaccum it up off the rug. Now I have to shake every card I get and open outdoors anything that rattles.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Teninx said:
....don't fill them up with that mylar confetti shaped like little snowmen and trees and snowflakes. It's not that cute when the recipient has to try and vaccum it up off the rug. Now I have to shake every card I get and open anything that rattles outdoors.
I don't send mine with confetti, I just annoy people with ones that sing LOL ;D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Teninx said:
....don't fill them up with that mylar confetti shaped like little snowmen and trees and snowflakes. It's not that cute when the recipient has to try and vaccum it up off the rug. Now I have to shake every card I get and open outdoors anything that rattles.
That is one way I trim my Christmas card list, they send confetti and I cross them off for the next year. Works like a charm and saves money for more Kindle books. :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Teninx said:
When did my Grandmother start sending you Christmas cards?

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Teninx said:
Teninx,

You might want to pinch and feel the envelopes gently first. If you discover that one has powder in it, don't shake it. (Unless of course you're wearing your tinfoil, hazmat, protective gear.)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
I opened one the other day and all the little pieces got into my keyboard. I was glad my door was closed so my girls couldn't hear my exclamations of dismay. :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have to agree...

I remember when I was away at college...it was a windy day and I was waiting at the bus stop I decided to open my mail from mom. She had sent a card with tiny strips of paper that said "good luck" for my finals. Needless to say that there was a lot of "luck" flying around the bus stop.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Wow, I've never gotten a Christmas card with confetti...  there was some in the 50th Anniversary invitation I got, tho...little 50s all over the place.  I sorta like confetti though... Send your confetti here!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Here it is, December 16th and I have received exactly 4 Christmas cards....none with confetti. I think it is safe to say, people are cutting back this year. I know I am.

L

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Leslie said:
Here it is, December 16th and I have received exactly 4 Christmas cards....none with confetti. I think it is safe to say, people are cutting back this year. I know I am.

L
I sent out 57 and have gotten 5 in return. I'll agree people are cutting back. No confetti or glitter in any of them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've drastically cut back my list. I cut out everyone who isn't a relative that I hardly ever see. The cost of stamps is just too high. As to confetti, I have never received such a thing.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Leslie said:
We've already received 63, I just went and counted. But we are foregoing snail mail ourselves this year and only sending out e-cards which we made. I have a hard time getting into this holiday card thing because it has become fairly impersonal it seems to me. But my husband clings to tradition and does not want to give it up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I'm new to Kindleboards.com, well OK, I've been by and peeked in from time to time, but I just registered and I thought I should say hi! I'm a 49 y.o. grammie from Maine with 6 grandchildren.  I've been on the fence as to whether to send out Christmas cards or not, but I think I'll forgo it for this year anyway...no money, bad economy and not a lot of holiday spirit... at least not yet, I should have my granddaughters over to bake Christmas cookies, that will help put me in the spirit..at least I hope. ;)

·
Registered
795 Posts
GrammieCheryl said:
Hi, I'm new to Kindleboards.com, well OK, I've been by and peeked in from time to time, but I just registered and I thought I should say hi! I'm a 49 y.o. grammie from Maine with 6 grandchildren. I've been on the fence as to whether to send out Christmas cards or not, but I think I'll forgo it for this year anyway...no money, bad economy and not a lot of holiday spirit... at least not yet, I should have my granddaughters over to bake Christmas cookies, that will help put me in the spirit..at least I hope. ;)
Welcome GrammieCheryl! Head on over to the introductions section and let everyone know you're here! Leslie, one of our moderators, is also from Maine.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Wisteria Clematis said:
We've already received 63, I just went and counted. But we are foregoing snail mail ourselves this year and only sending out e-cards which we made. I have a hard time getting into this holiday card thing because it has become fairly impersonal it seems to me. But my husband clings to tradition and does not want to give it up.
I do a Christmas letter as it's gotten difficult for me to write long notes, though we don't inflict the letter on everyone. I do write something personal in almost every card I send, although the later cards tend to be briefer. I'm always disappointed when a card comes in from someone from out of town with just the signatures! It's how I keep in touch with some of my friends. Might be only once a year, but we do keep in touch! Up to about 25 cards now.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
GrammieCheryl said:
Hi, I'm new to Kindleboards.com, well OK, I've been by and peeked in from time to time, but I just registered and I thought I should say hi! I'm a 49 y.o. grammie from Maine with 6 grandchildren. I've been on the fence as to whether to send out Christmas cards or not, but I think I'll forgo it for this year anyway...no money, bad economy and not a lot of holiday spirit... at least not yet, I should have my granddaughters over to bake Christmas cookies, that will help put me in the spirit..at least I hope. ;)
Welcome, Grammie Cheryl! and Merry Christmas!

Love Maine, we were there this summer! Congratulations on your first post, by all means tell us a little bit about yourself and your Kindle status in the Introductions. Check out Tips Tricks & Troubleshooting to learn lots of good stuff about the Kindle and find out about great books in the Book Corner!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I do a Christmas letter as it's gotten difficult for me to write long notes, though we don't inflict the letter on everyone. I do write something personal in almost every card I send, although the later cards tend to be briefer. I'm always disappointed when a card comes in from someone from out of town with just the signatures! It's how I keep in touch with some of my friends. Might be only once a year, but we do keep in touch! Up to about 25 cards now.

Betsy
I got one yesterday with out even a signature or return address, I had to figure out who it was from by the the postmark. It was from a friend of my parents in his 90s, I'm just glad to know he is still alive.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I sent 85 email cards and 2 by mail. 

I only have 2 family members without a computer and internet.  I think that really says something about how the world has changed. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts