Kindle Forum banner

I made a mess of book 1 in a series. Can I start over using the same info?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ShayneRutherford 
#1 ·
I've decided to rebrand a series. I published then unpublished book 1 about 6 months ago. I've now finished books 2 and 3 and want to completely rework the cover and title. Unfortunately book 1 of the old look is on Goodreads. Is there anything I can do about it?

Now for my Amazon question. Same book. Do I simply use the same ISBN (yes, I used one) and AISN and change the cover and title, or do I need to start over? I used D2D so do I need to start over there too, or can I use the same ISBN?

The original was only up for sale for 3 weeks. It didn't have a lot of sales.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Okay, I figured as much about Goodreads, not that I care much about anything going on there.

Just went to Library and Archives Canada (where I got my ISBN) and changed the name of the title. So I think that's all okay. Now just to figure out what to do with Amazon. I may have to email them.

Thanks for the info Shayne.

ETA: Just did a quick look on Amazon. Seems I'm starting from scratch. Such is life.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
ShayneRutherford said:
I guess I should have said 'it's tied to YOUR title and author name' so as to be more clear. But the OP wasn't talking about changing his author name, nor was he talking about anyone else's book, so I didn't really think it was relevant to point out that it's not tied to someone else's book of the same title.
I understood what you meant from the get go. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.