Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met author Kristine Rolofson, last weekend at my cousin's birthday party. We were talking shop and I demo'd my K. I told her to contact her publisher and get on board. She was very impressed. I told her to spread the word. I explained that we are trying to get more authors/publishers to hop on the Kindle bandwagon. I told her that some, like J.K. Rowling, refuse; and we are trying to convince authors/publishers to make their works available for Kindle; as it has already helped so many. I let her play around with the font. She is going to contact her publisher. She used to write for Harlequin. She has written the following (and some others):

A BRIDE FOR CALDER BROWN
A MAN FOR MAGGIE MOORE
A MONTANA CHRISTMAS
A TOUCH OF TEXAS
A WIFE FOR OWEN CHASE
BEDROOM EYES
BILLY AND THE KID
BLAME IT ON BABIES
BLAME IT ON COWBOYS
JESSIE'S LAWMAN
MADE IN TEXAS
MAKE-BELIEVE HONEYMOON
PILLOW TALK
THE BABY AND THE BACHELOR
THE BEST MAN IN TEXAS
THE BRIDE RODE WEST
THE COWBOY
THE LAST MAN IN MONTANA
THE NEXT MAN IN TEXAS
THE ONLY MAN IN WYOMING
THE RIGHT MAN IN MONTANA
THE TEXAN TAKES A WIFE
RT Award Nominee
THE WRONG MAN IN WYOMING

I also contacted author Don Winslow (who has some of his books available on Kindle already) and gave him the whole spiel as well. He and Mrs. Rolofson are siblings. He has written the following:

A Cool Breeze On The Underground
The Trail To Buddha's Mirror
Way Down On The High Lonely
A Long Walk Up The Waterslide
While Drowning In The Desert
Isle Of Joy
The Death and Life Of Bobby Z
California Fire and Life
The Power Of The Dog
The Winter Of Frankie Machine

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S.  Has anyone heard of either author or read any of the books? 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
No, but if they get on board, I will read them.  Sometimes Harlequins are good to cleanse the mind as they are short and sweet (gooey kind of sweet).  And will definitely read them completely if I get one or two freebies LOL  That is another spiel you can use, a free book will give them lots more customers and readers.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wow! That's awesome that you demonstrate your Kindle directly to the author. I think if more author's could get their hands on a Kindle we would see a lot more books available in eBook format.

I know an author that only has one book (coming out sometime in the Spring), but showed him my Kindle and he was very impressed.

He was planning on contacting his publisher right away and talk to them about it.

If you find out that Kristine Rolofson's book are made available for Kindle, let us know.

Lynn M

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She said that she had heard about it but dismissed it.  Now that she has seen one in action; and how you can adjust the font and turn the pages one handed; she was impressed.  I think that is the case with most people...until they actually see it and try it...it's just a concept.  When they fiddle with it; the concept becomes a reality. 

I

·
0 Posts
I know you all are probably getting tired of hearing this but I'll be showing mine off to Kim Harrison at her signing of "White Witch, Black Curse".

To make it even more interesting to her, I changed my screen savers. I use the covers of each of her books, in the order they came out. I will be adding the page she signed for each book, after the cover picture of the book.

I have 3 signed books so far to add in. After Charlotte, I'll have all 7 signed. woo hoo!

I told her I was bringing my Kindle to show her but the screen savers are a surprise for her...unless she comes here.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations Vampy!!  I'm sure she will be dually impressed; your screensavers and the Kindle....of course you; so make that a tripple!!

I

·
0 Posts
I'm no surprise to her. I met her last year when Outlaw Demon Wails was released. I posted a picture of it in the pic thread. :)

I also post on her site occasionally.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That's wonderful, sjc!

Consider, though, that the author may not own the rights to his or her own books. That's crazy, but that's business for you. And we know that publishers have been slow to figure out the advantages of the Kindle--and when they begin to, they often charge way too much. I like to think that it's us indie authors (who do usually own our own work) who are blazing the trail here.

But don't stop recommending it. That's how it'll eventually happen!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I say...the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
She was going to talk to her publisher and her brother (Don Winslow) has already put a couple on Kindle.  Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day...but we can sure try!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts