Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trying to be a good person, lent my Kindle to one of my co-workers.  He was dying to take it home and show his daughters who he knew at least one of them would want one.  So, I gave him instructions on how to take it out of sleep mode and my cell phone number incase they had any questions... and I even gave them the website address for the boards.

But now I have nothing to read with tonight!  Oh well, I know it is for a good cause.  :'(

·
Registered
731 Posts
How nice that you get to work with your one and only truest bestest friend forever!

(I get nervous if it's not in the same room...not in the same house? I'd have to buy another ASAP).

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I will demo my kindle for somebody but I won't let them hold it....no way. I hold it and go through what it does.  I'm so afraind they will drop it.  You are  brave.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are so funny!!!  I'm not too worried, I know he is a position that makes LOTS more money than I do... so maybe I'll actually get a K2 out of it! LOL

He had asked me a few times about it, and I thought that one night wouldn't kill me and that I would get more housework done tonight since I didn't have my Westley to read.... uhhhhh NO!  I'll make sure I post tomorrow when I get home from work with Westley all safe!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I didn't get a chance to get online sooner to post, I try to appear to be a good housekeeper at least once in a while and had to do laundry!!

Westley is home safe and sound and since he has no scratches, I'm going to assume he didn't get attacked by any R.O.U.S.'s!  I checked my emails and my account and (thank goodness) no one-click purchases either!  My co-worker said his daughter loved it and had heard about a Kindle, but was so excited to see one in person.

Westley definitely missed me, but it does appear that I have done some good and he is going to get her one probably for her birthday.

;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Wow, what a great person you are.  I'm not sure I'm that good of a person. 
deb

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know.. I just realized how appropriate it was to lend out my Kindle... it is Read an e-Book week!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
didir1010 said:
I know he is a position that makes LOTS more money than I do... so maybe I'll actually get a K2 out of it! LOL
I AM HORRIFIED! Your feelings for your "supposedly" beloved Westley can be equated to money for a K2. Have you sold one of your other children (or husband) into slavery for a few sheckles to get a K2? Is this what true love is?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
didir1010 said:
Westley is home safe and sound and since he has no scratches, I'm going to assume he didn't get attacked by any R.O.U.S.'s! I checked my emails and my account and (thank goodness) no one-click purchases either! My co-worker said his daughter loved it and had heard about a Kindle, but was so excited to see one in person.

;D
phew

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
You are a very kind friend to lend Westley out for a demo.

I was talking with a nurse friend who is leaving for a vacation in Arizona on Friday. She's seen my Kindle a bunch of times and covets one but always comes up with an excuse not to buy one -- the latest is that she can find "old books" in the library -- I pointed out there are old books on the Kindle. Anyway, as she is talking, I had this idea that I could lend her Sir Sterndale Bennett for her vacation. I am not reading him as much, after all, I have plenty of books on there that she could read which would certainly keep her busy for her trip....

I thought about this for 5 minutes.

Then, I decided, I am not letting WSB fly cross country without me. So, sorry to my friend, no Kindle lending on this trip!

L

1 - 20 of 22 Posts