Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to be a good person, lent my Kindle to one of my co-workers.  He was dying to take it home and show his daughters who he knew at least one of them would want one.  So, I gave him instructions on how to take it out of sleep mode and my cell phone number incase they had any questions... and I even gave them the website address for the boards.

But now I have nothing to read with tonight!  Oh well, I know it is for a good cause.  :'(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are so funny!!!  I'm not too worried, I know he is a position that makes LOTS more money than I do... so maybe I'll actually get a K2 out of it! LOL

He had asked me a few times about it, and I thought that one night wouldn't kill me and that I would get more housework done tonight since I didn't have my Westley to read.... uhhhhh NO!  I'll make sure I post tomorrow when I get home from work with Westley all safe!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I didn't get a chance to get online sooner to post, I try to appear to be a good housekeeper at least once in a while and had to do laundry!!

Westley is home safe and sound and since he has no scratches, I'm going to assume he didn't get attacked by any R.O.U.S.'s!  I checked my emails and my account and (thank goodness) no one-click purchases either!  My co-worker said his daughter loved it and had heard about a Kindle, but was so excited to see one in person.

Westley definitely missed me, but it does appear that I have done some good and he is going to get her one probably for her birthday.

;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Wow, what a great person you are.  I'm not sure I'm that good of a person. 
deb

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know.. I just realized how appropriate it was to lend out my Kindle... it is Read an e-Book week!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
didir1010 said:
I know he is a position that makes LOTS more money than I do... so maybe I'll actually get a K2 out of it! LOL
I AM HORRIFIED! Your feelings for your "supposedly" beloved Westley can be equated to money for a K2. Have you sold one of your other children (or husband) into slavery for a few sheckles to get a K2? Is this what true love is?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
didir1010 said:
Westley is home safe and sound and since he has no scratches, I'm going to assume he didn't get attacked by any R.O.U.S.'s! I checked my emails and my account and (thank goodness) no one-click purchases either! My co-worker said his daughter loved it and had heard about a Kindle, but was so excited to see one in person.

;D
phew

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
You are a very kind friend to lend Westley out for a demo.

I was talking with a nurse friend who is leaving for a vacation in Arizona on Friday. She's seen my Kindle a bunch of times and covets one but always comes up with an excuse not to buy one -- the latest is that she can find "old books" in the library -- I pointed out there are old books on the Kindle. Anyway, as she is talking, I had this idea that I could lend her Sir Sterndale Bennett for her vacation. I am not reading him as much, after all, I have plenty of books on there that she could read which would certainly keep her busy for her trip....

I thought about this for 5 minutes.

Then, I decided, I am not letting WSB fly cross country without me. So, sorry to my friend, no Kindle lending on this trip!

L

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.