Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

Okay, I love my wife.  I promised to stay through sickness and health, as long as we both may live, all that stuff.  I know that a life of Christian service is supposed to be the highest ideal.

But I miss my GeekBook(TM).  :'(  In another lifetime - pre-children - when funds flowed as freely as the wine, I would have bought and accessorized another Kindle by now.  Alas, The ZeroNewburys have fallen on hard times, and I must wait with the patience of a saint as my darling wife's recovery from (successful) surgery slowly passes.

Who knows what depth of Kindlelove she'll feel by the time she is ready to go back to DTBs?  Is it possible that a complete conversion to Kindlearianist is taking place?  How do I know she's lot looking at FeedBooks right now?  What will I do when the serpent hisses the words 'Oberon' and 'DecalGirl' and 'Borsa Bella' in her ear?

All the change I had hoped to dump into the CoinStar machine may now have to wait.  And grow.  and become the price of GeekBook2(TM).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
geoffthomas said:
Well No greater love hath a husband than to give up his Kindle for his ill wife's use
"Love", or a terrible moment of misguided weakness. I think it was Charlton Heston who said something vaguely like "they will have to pry my beloved Kindle from my cold, dead, hands". Ok, he might have said "gun", but the sentiment is kind of the same.

Steve :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
AWWWW - check the buy, sell, trade, barter thread, maybe you can find one there to buy, trade or barter  ::)  In the meantime think of all the ladies on this board that you have made so happy because you are caring so very much for your loved one (your wife!!!!!)  ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I'll just quit whining and be grateful that the recovery is going so well.  ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
of course, if every one of the more-than-3,000 members of Kindleboards were to take just one dime out of their CoinStar and send it to... oh never mind.  We are men of action.  Whimpering and desperate grovelling  - and lies - do not become us.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Zeronewbury said:
Whimpering and desperate grovelling - and lies - do not become us.
Now don't downplay whimpering and groveling. My wife says I'm quite good at them. I'm thinking about writing a book - "Whimpering and Groveling for Dummies". Soon it may be at a Kindlestore near you.

Steve

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think whimpering and grovelling are two of the least appreciated weapons in the arsenal of the successful husband - right down there with taking out the trash and washing the dishes unexpectedly in anticipation of some quality snuggling  ;)

My darling wife is just not all that excited about technology, though.  I think I'll get the GeekBook (TM) back as soon as she's feeling better.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
OK- whos in for bets about weither Zeronewbury gets his beloved Geekbook back from DW after she uses it for a length of time?  Cause I gotta tell ya, even if she doesn't like technology, once she gets used to a Kindle and then has to go back and pick up a DTB?  I dunno, I figure that it won't take too long and she'll be eyeballing a Geekbook II

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
OK- whos in for bets about weither Zeronewbury gets his beloved Geekbook back from DW after she uses it for a length of time? Cause I gotta tell ya, even if she doesn't like technology, once she gets used to a Kindle and then has to go back and pick up a DTB? I dunno, I figure that it won't take too long and she'll be eyeballing a Geekbook II
That wouldn't even be a fair bet. We already know that Geekbook II is just one click away. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've said I'll allow my Kindle to be read if I'm reading a DTB (will be a rare event and typically only on series that we both read), but that it will repossessed if I have to travel.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
OK- whos in for bets about weither Zeronewbury gets his beloved Geekbook back from DW after she uses it for a length of time? Cause I gotta tell ya, even if she doesn't like technology, once she gets used to a Kindle and then has to go back and pick up a DTB? I dunno, I figure that it won't take too long and she'll be eyeballing a Geekbook II
If she's really not "into technology", then my guess would be she won't want one right away; but first let her have to grapple with a large DTB and then some event makes it really inconvenient for her to get to a bookstore .... THEN she's going to give up the ghost! LOL

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
No Way - No Bets LOL

You don't have to be techno to want a kindle - just let her hold a DTB and she's toast  :eek:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hehehe.....that is kinda my thoughts too.  She will try to give up GeekBook and go back to DTB.  Maybe even read one all the way through....but her memories of GeekBook will win in the end.....they always do!!  ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And then I have to go from groveling and whimpering to choking back the KindleSmug - almost as overbearing as the Apple fanboys!  (Okay, that was an intentional troll.)
;D ;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I can't wait to see how long it will be for Geebook II to appear. You must really love her. I don't know if I could part with KD Kindle for any length of time. The guys may tease you, but you are making big points with the ladies.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts