Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently.

Product Description

At a time when six-year-old Abbie needs love and security, her mother goes to the hospital and never returns. Still distraught, Abbie is passed to whoever will have her. Her new step mother subjects her to unimaginable physical, sexual and psychological torture and delivers her to local paedophiles in the entertainment business. During her single minded pursuit of fame Abbie’s step mother stops at nothing, beating and prostituting her own children.

This is the story of Abbie's struggle to survive, the grim details of child abuse of the worst kind all told from the perspective of a little girl.

As a teenager Abbie is uncontrollable. A Modette during the 80's revival, she finds a love of scooters, rebellion and gang life on the wild side. Dulling her pain with alcohol, drugs and promiscuity at a very young age, Abbie loses control and becomes well known to the local police. Not one person can get through to her because she has no fear, no self respect, no morals or self worth. With nothing to lose, she throws herself into one battle after another, blood and guts brawling between the skin heads and the mods on the streets of London.

Her family eventually disowns her realizing they are unable to help. Abbie finds herself in the care of the Court until she is abandoned by children's homes and Social Services too. Alone, penniless and pregnant at the age of 16. Haunted by the secrets of her unspeakable past. Will anyone ever see her invisible tears?

I need to summarize this into 350 characters, (not words).

Each time I have a go, I feel it doesn't give enough. Can anyone help please..? :-*

·
Registered
455 Posts
I hope this helps.

"When six-year-old Abbie's mother is hospitalized her happy world transforms into a living nightmare. Abbie is sent to live with her deranged stepmother who tortures her and eventually sells her into sexual slavery. Unable to escape the scars of her past, Abbie's teen years are defined by violence, drugs, sex and criminal activity. By the time she is sixteen, Abbie is homeless and pregnant and even the system that was supposed to protect her has given up on her.

This is the story of a little girl lost who--when all others failed her--had no choice but to find her own way back."

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi Abigail. I assume you mean up to 350 characters including spaces. I have tried to keep as many of your own words as possible:

From the age of six Abbie struggled to survive the very worst of child abuse. At 16 she tells us her story as an out of control teenager: a scooter-loving Modette, who buries her lack of self-esteem in alcohol, drugs and sex. Abandoned and pregnant on the gang crime streets of 80’s London, Abbie remains haunted by secrets of her unspeakable past. (348 incl. spaces)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here's my attempt, 350 characters not including spaces. I wrote this before I saw Peter's and I really like his too.

"After a childhood of physical, sexual and emotional torture, Abbie becomes a “modette” teenage rebel in the ‘80s. She rides her scooter and brawls with skinheads on the London streets, but gangs, drugs and sex can’t dull her pain. Abbie’s a street-fighting survivor, but when she’s alone and pregnant at 16, building a new life becomes her hardest battle yet. Will she let anyone help or will she stay trapped in the past?"

P.S. If you use any of mine, check for typos...my eyes are very tired.

Edited to add: Oooh, I really like Barbara's, I just read it. (I guess there is a delay on my end with posts showing up.) Note: I just changed the last sentence a bit in my blurb.

Speaking of blurbs, the blurb in your signature has a typo. It's missing the word "is" before "haunted."

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww thank you guys... I hate blurbs too Barb.
Thank you very much Maryanne, I have no idea how that one slipped by, but guess that's all the editing and changing signature sizes.  ::)

I have a much better idea now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts