Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend's daughter is getting married in July.  She has asked me to do a reading at her wedding. 
A little background.  She is 30.  She has had two previous marriages unfortunately, to not so nice men.  The first one she was very young.  The second was just a mess.  She has now met a very very nice man who treats her wonderful.  She has 3 daughters by the two previous marriages. 
As you can see this is not exactly a fairy tale story.  But the love that this man has shown her has made such a difference in her. 
Anyway, I need to find a poem or something not too long to read.  I have been working on writing something, but I do my best work under pressure, and I don't think it's a good idea to wait until right before the wedding and stress out the bride that way. 
Seeing that most of you are much better read than I am I was hoping someone had come across something, or heard something at a wedding they had attended that they could share with me. 
Thank you,
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
deb. . . .are you sure she wants you to find the reading?  Sometimes when asked to do a reading, the couple have something in mind, or intend to find the readings themselves, and have friends read them.  Before stressing, make sure there's a reason to!  :)

But if you really want suggestions, I'm partial to the Song of Songs, chapter 2:  "set me like a seal on you heart. . . .".  Also, Paul's letter to the Corinthians (the first one I think) where it says "love is patient, love is kind. . . ."

Ann

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, she does want me to find it.  Believe me, I did not realize that when I was asked.  I suggested Paul's letter first thing.  It's not exactly what they're looking for. 
Thank you. 
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Hmmm. . . . well, I think you need to talk a little bit with them about what they're looking for.  And then google "wedding readings" :)

Hey!  you can read it from your Kindle!  :D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the purple butterfly Oberon and the flower girls dresses are a very pretty lavender....hmmmm...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
If they are Christian, I had a lovely poem by Beth Moore read at my wedding that I think was called "Bride to Be," or something like that.  It's beautiful, about how God uses marriage to as a type for His love for us.  I don't remember what book it was in off the top of my head, but if it sounds like something that would be appropriate for them I'll find it for you.  I know I still have it somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts