Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm starting to think about designing my cover for my next book, and I need a space ship. I'd like something really photorealistic, something like the IXS Enterprise (but not as complex) in terms of rendering. Anyone know anyone who does that? Doesn't have to be a cover artist as such, could just be someone who likes to fool with their CAD software. I've done the obvious and googled variations on "space ship designs", but the problem isn't a lack of results-- it's a deluge of results. I need help narrowing it down a little.

G

·
I frequently have the same problem, actually, and would love it if someone could recommend a good rendering program for creating something like this. There's only so much space ship stock art, and most sci-fi books tend to reuse the best ones ad ridiculum.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Here's the guy I use: adamkop.deviantart.com. So far Adam has designed 5 spaceships for me, and is a great guy to work with. Just don't fill up his schedule--I still want about 10 more spaceships from him!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
bizmuth said:
Hi all.

I'm starting to think about designing my cover for my next book, and I need a space ship. I'd like something really photorealistic, something like the IXS Enterprise (but not as complex) in terms of rendering. Anyone know anyone who does that? Doesn't have to be a cover artist as such, could just be someone who likes to fool with their CAD software. I've done the obvious and googled variations on "space ship designs", but the problem isn't a lack of results-- it's a deluge of results. I need help narrowing it down a little.
I must say this post is made even more awesome by your avatar. Hope you find your spaceship though us earthlings will miss you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts