Kindle Forum banner

What shipping method did you choose? (you can change your mind!)

• Free

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Standard

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • 2 Day

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • 1 Day (Overnight)

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Local Express (based on availability)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amazon Prime (2 day)

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Amazon Prime (1 day)

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Other (?)

Votes: 2 1.7%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There ARE valid reasons for selecting Free shipping, and I deeply respect anyone who did.

:)

EDIT:

Wow - that's right, there's the 'Delivery Date' Poll too. Well - thanks for participating regardless! 

Here's an interesting hypothetical reason for Free shipping:

You don't want to post a charge on your credit card until March?   :p

·
Registered
921 Posts
When I originally ordered, I had selected free super saver shipping.  Last Sunday (2/15) I decided I wanted to change it to next day delivery.  I normallly wouldn't paid for the extra shipping, but couldn't hold out any longer. 

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kevin63 said:
When I originally ordered, I had selected free super saver shipping. Last Sunday (2/15) I decided I wanted to change it to next day delivery. I normallly wouldn't paid for the extra shipping, but couldn't hold out any longer.
Hehehe

Truth be told - I switched from Free to Standard. The money I'm saving helps to 'soften the blow' of getting $100 in K2 accessories.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
It really twisted my cheap nerve to pay $11 for 2 day, when free usually gets it here in 3 or 4 at the most. But I did the free with my K1 and so regretted it. I did get it in 3 but it was the not knowing for sure that drove me nuts. Since I signed up for the Amazon Visa with this purchase I am saving $30, which helps somewhat.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have Amazon Prime and 2 day shipping would have been free. I decided to get overnight shipping and only had to pay $3.99

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
scrappergirl said:
I'm trying to decide about changing my shipping also. Just don't want to mess my order up!
I had change mine after I ordered from 2 day shipping to overnight. I think I did it the day I ordered. It change my date to receive from the 26 to the 25. I not sure what would happen if you changed you date now.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I did it on Sunday (2/15)  it didn't mess up my order.  Just changed it from being shipped in March to being delivered on 2/25.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My stepdad has Amazon Prime, and it extends to my mom and me as well... I shop on Amazon a lot and having free two-day shipping is just awesome. No need to abandon it when it has served me well :) I can hold out that one extra day... I think...

·
Registered
180 Posts
KindleKid said:
I chose the cheaper shipping. I still have my K1, and while im excited about the K2, i dont NEED it desperately.
Same here. I chose free shipping eventhough I sold my K1 3 hours after the K2 announcement, I still have mine Sony PRS-505.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Anne said:
I have Amazon Prime and 2 day shipping would have been free. I decided to get overnight shipping and only had to pay $3.99
Since I DO have Amazon Prime, I went with 2 days. But I couldn't hold out! Sneaked back to my order and changed it to one day shipping!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I started out with free super saver shipping but a few days later I decided that 3/9-ish was just too long to wait.  But I like free-- saves me more $ for books.  So I signed up for the Amazon Prime free trial that I never quite got around to looking into (seems pretty cool once I realized that it can apply to family members too) and now I have free 2nd day Prime shipping & an estimated delivery date of 2/26.

Proving I guess that sometimes it's possible to be both cheap & impatient.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts