Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going back and forth about skins forever! 3acp.com has my favorites but I hate that they never replied to me about the residue so I won't order again. I liked my decalgirl skins, but none of them are what I want. So I went with mytego.com I know it will take a few weeks, but here is my skin:

I also found a discount code for mytego... gave me 25% off so total was only $18 including shipping and 2 sides. Code is : 25DM Thought some of you may appreciate that! :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
That is so pretty!

It's my birthday, I'm going shopping.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pretty! I really like the colors a lot. I just ordered mine yesterday and used that code too. It was sorta spur of the moment, and now I wish I had added my name some where too, but I'm excited. The 2 sided K2 is $21 with shipping with the code though.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Good lookout on the code! Thanks  ::)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Thanks for posting the code! I knew I'd seen someone post a pic before where they'd gotten a K1 skin that covered the entire back, but I never could remember where (even if it is in the case most of the time, it still seems only fair to be able to skin the whole back just like K2 folks do ;)). After looking around the site, and realizing how relatively inexpensive it would be -- esp. with the coupon -- to do the custom design, even with it taking a little longer before I'll get it, I finally decided to skin my K1 for the first time ever. Here's what I ended up with:

I wanted something dark, and not horribly busy, and since astronomy is one of my other hobbies besides reading, having a cool astro photo of a star cluster and star field seemed like just the ticket! :D

I'm planning on getting a new netbook in the next week or so and may just have to get a matching skin for it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Those are cool tego designs of the kindle.... I might go and look into it and see something that I like.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Steph H said:
I wanted something dark, and not horribly busy, and since astronomy is one of my other hobbies besides reading, having a cool astro photo of a star cluster and star field seemed like just the ticket! :D
For the front, I could see keeping it less busy, but I would have though that you'd want to go with one of the more impressive stellar objects for the back, like the Orion Nebula or the Lagoon Nebula, since the back being busy wouldn't bother you while you were reading.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
True, I could have, but since I'll rarely see the back anyway -- it stays in the cover pretty much 24/7 -- it was easy enough to stay with one of the images provided, and to have the front/back mostly match. (Which of course begs the question, why did I care if the back cover had a skin image at all if I won't see it much...well, it's a continuity thing. :D)

Besides, I like star clusters. :) But I might go with an Orion Nebula pic instead for the netbook, as it is one of my favorite objects to view through my telescopes. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts