Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was reading Kate Kindle in a restaurant the other day, and the waitress said, "Oh wow -- you have one of those things!"  I immediately ran through the whole sales pitch, let her hold Kate and manipulate her buttons, etc.  She asked some questions, which I answered.  And she said she'll start looking for a used K1, like I have!

JEFF B -- where is my BONUS???;D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Paws,  good to see you over here!  Used car salesman are pushovers compared to a passionate Kindle Owner  ;)

Jenn

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
geoffthomas said:
It's good to remember your "first time".
It is a shame that it was with a stranger and not more "special".
But it sounds like you had a good time anyway.
Thanks for sharing.
LOL -- well, I've been pushing the Kindle on friends for a few weeks now. ;) Just branching out.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This thread is just wrong

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I did the same thing, only she wasn't a stranger (my eye doctor) but she didn't even ask about the Kindle. We have had many conversations before about reading in bed, so I knew she was a reader. I initiated the conversation as soon as I got in her chair by asking if she had heard of the Kindle. Shame Shame, but it is the coolest thing!! She does a lot of hiking and said this would be perfect. Yup, uh huh!!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Recently I was in a restaurant, reading on my K2, and a woman asked me "Is that a Kindle?"  So I gave her a demo.

Today I went to my doctor for the first time in a LONG time and of course brought along my Kindle.  His assistant immediately asked if that was one of those things.. lol.. yep,  do I like it.. love it.

My doctor was.. totally curious and totally clueless but he loved it..  LOL.. I let it read some of the NY Times Blog and he loved that.    For not knowing what it was, he asked good questions, but I guess a guy with his medical degree (DO) and a law degree should have some smarts..   

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
davem2bits said:
WHAT!! Is there a GPS or bread crumb feature built into my K2 that I missed in reading the manual? :D
Of course, it's the button right next to the one for the tranq gun.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Of course, it's the button right next to the one for the tranq gun.
LOL! (Allusion to another thread for those who were wondering.)

Betsy

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Is it bad I actually ended up demonstrating the very same Kindle to the people selling me their Kindle 1?  My mom loves to read almost more than me and is always losing books or running out of them and she has problems with her back that make shopping really hard.  So I figured this was perfect.  At any rate, I found her a used Kindle 1 on craigslist and drove two hours to grab it since it was only $150.  It was in perfect condition with the box (chewed on by dog), instructions, cords and everything with just the tiniest scratch on the screen.  It had like... 5 books on it and he said they'd left them all on there for me, so it's obvious this was a neglected Kindle.

At any rate, he said he didn't know if they had unregistered yet and I went through the steps to do it and he was like "Woah, you can do that here?" then started asking more questions about things you could do with it... then I pulled out my Kindle 2 to show him and he almost sounded interested in going and buying one.  I doubt he will though, it was probably mostly interest in making sure he made the sale, but at $150 it was as good as mine unless it was horribly broken somehow.  I still found it humorous that I was having to show him features of his own Kindle before snatching it away and leaving him with a paultry pile of twenty dollar bills in return.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Hey!! And I thought losing your K virginity was pushing the reset button for the first time...lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Today I was standing in line at the pharmacy, when the people (2 girls and a guy) in line next to me started whispering about my k1.  They apparently thought I couldn't hear their conversation.  THey kept saying things like what is that thing?  What does it do?  etc.  I was going to answer when the guy says " Oh it is one of those things at Books a Million.  It is like a 100 Bucks! (like it was SO expensive)  And you have to buy cartridges for it, etc."  At this point I decided he was trying to seem like he knew more than he did to impress the girls so I just "didn't hear them."  If they had asked me a question I would have been happy to demo it for them.  Plus I was at the end of the 3rd Stephanie Plum book and was trying to finish before I had to drive home. 

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Reyn said:
Today I was standing in line at the pharmacy, when the people (2 girls and a guy) in line next to me started whispering about my k1. They apparently thought I couldn't hear their conversation. THey kept saying things like what is that thing? What does it do? etc. I was going to answer when the guy says " Oh it is one of those things at Books a Million. It is like a 100 Bucks! (like it was SO expensive) And you have to buy cartridges for it, etc." At this point I decided he was trying to seem like he knew more than he did to impress the girls so I just "didn't hear them." If they had asked me a question I would have been happy to demo it for them. Plus I was at the end of the 3rd Stephanie Plum book and was trying to finish before I had to drive home.
;D Great story!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I think he had it confused with a LeapFrog... catridges? o_O  Maybe that was his only point of reference for his "factual" discourse on the subject >.>

1 - 20 of 32 Posts