Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
27,641 Posts
I'm retired now and I'm probably reading more than when I worked.  I would say I averaged 4-5 books a week when I worked full time.  I mostly read mystery, adventure, historical fiction, and historical romance. 

My only estimate since I've been Kindled is the 50 or so books on Little Gertie, which I've read since 8/29.  I've also read some DTB's in between. 

Don't worry, Student McDiddy, you have plenty of time to catch up with us.  Once an avid reader, always an avid reader. 

· Registered
27,641 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
You worked full time and still read almost a book a day? Unless you're reading Lemony Snicket, I don't see how that's possible. Even those take about three hours each.

Unless you were reading at work..... ;)
I'm a very fast reader ... just like I cook my grits. Lunch time at work gives me about 50 minutes of read time, then there are the two 15 minute breaks. I also read at breakfast and dinner, that's maybe another hour. Throne room time; part of my heritage. I always keep a book in my car, so waiting in line at the drive thru gave me more time. Maybe two hours at night. Weekends were heaviest reading time. I live alone and books are my SO. I can't think of better companions.

· Registered
27,641 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I've been averaging a book a week but I am reading The Stand now & it is taking longer. How wonderful to be able to read a book a day. I have so many books I want to read!

Linda
I take my mother to the library every two weeks where she takes out six books. She usually finishes them in about 10 days. Her secret? She doesn't sleep.

· Registered
27,641 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I started the Stephanie Plum series last night and I'm almost finished with the first book. It will be the 4th book I've read since Dec 1st.
They are such easy reads and so much fun. I hope you're enjoying Stephanie. She just gets better as more family members play a bigger part.

I see by your sig you're also reading the Born In trilogy. That's my third fave NR trilogy. First is Chesapeake Bay (Quinn Brothers +1), second is the Key trilogy.

· Registered
27,641 Posts
bosslady said:
How fast I read depends on what kind of book - some that I have make you think as you read them, which extends the time a bit. If it's a book in a series where I'm familiar with the characters already - like the 800 page Harry Potters - I can polish it off in 8 hours or so.
That's about how fast I read the Potter books. Just for fun, I timed HBP ... 8.5 hours.

· Registered
27,641 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I was hooked on Stephanie the minute
grandma shot the chicken
ROTF. I forgot that. When I finish the series, I'm going to go back and read them again.

I have the Dream Trilogy and the Chesapeake Bay series left to read and then I'll start on her stand alones. Hopefully they'll get some of the earlier ones kindlized as well. I read Cheaspeake Bay several years ago. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland myself and I live close to where I think she set the book. It's hard for me to pick a favorite, I enjoy them all so much.
My favorite standalones are Homeport and Northern Lights. Blue Smoke is good, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.