Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
I have a reading addiction which means that I go through 5-8 books a week, depending on the books.  Needless to say, this means I re-read old friends a lot, so I couldn't tell you how many I've re-read multiple times this year.  For example, I know that I've re-read every book in Eric Flint's 1632 series at least twice this year, once each time something new came out.  So I figure that this year I've hit 150 - 200 discrete books.
On a related note, I find that I'm going through books even faster on the Kindle.  I think that this might be because most of what I've read so far are old friends that I usually read faster, but I'm wondering if it's the sheer ease of reading.

Katiekat

· Registered
278 Posts
Micdiddy said:
So you read about a book a day. Wow. How many hours would you say you spend on a 300 page book? Reading DTB I averaged about a minute a page, so that'd be 5 hours a day reading for the average book. Argh, I just don't think I can do that :(
I run between 1 and 2 pages per minute on DTBs - usually depending on the author and whether or not I've read the book before. For instance, Janet Evanovich's books take me about 2 hours or less to read, Mercedes Lackey's 2.5 - 3 hours. David Weber usually takes me a couple of days to read initially - I slog through all the technical details he seems to love so much on the first reading then skip them in re-reading. So I think we have about the same reading speed, I just have more free time to read - I usually read during my 2 15 minute breaks and my half an hour lunch, then read through dinner and before bed. I hardly ever watch TV except for college football and if I'm bored and don't have any new books to read, I spend a couple hours a night on the internet and I force myself to do some housework on the weekends, so I have lots of reading time. No nasty homework and assigned reading and little social life other than visiting my friends that live in-state and going to SF conventions about 5 times a year to see all my other friends. Ah, to win the lottery! 8) Then I'd hardly ever have time to read, I'd be too busy traveling and having fun.

Katiekat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.