Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to extend a hand to a couple of you out there who have books but don't know how to get them into a nicely working EPUB format. I don't mean converting it or whatever but creating the EPUB file from scratch. From there you can upload it to Amazon or do whatever you'd like with it.

What do I get out of it?

It's not entirely self-less. I'll learn a lot about the EPUB digital book format. I've created a book that is pretty well-formatted in HTML before, but I've never created an ebook in EPUB format from scratch. So when I create your book I'll do it in EPUB format, because that gives you the most options as far as where you can upload it and sell it. I'll learn a lot along the way. It'll give me something to blog about.

Let's keep it relatively simple though. Your book should:
  • Be no more than fifty pages or so.
  • Not have too many images.
  • Not have complex formatting such as tables, headers and footers, indexes.

-mater

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
marshacanham said:
I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't take the epub format. B&N does. Amazon's files are mobi and they accept word docs and rtf.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but all 13 of mine have been uploaded as Word docs
hiya, Amazon now accepts epub formats, which makes a lot of sense. It's pretty insane that there are so many device-dependent formats. Check Amazon's page here:

https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=A2GF0UFHIYG9VQ

Anyway the question is more about how to cleanly get your documents into the EPUB format really. Have you had success with just uploading the word doc? Any problems with formatting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts