Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my kindle 2 as a gift from my sister and best friend and I also bought the kindle 1. After using both of them, I really like the kindle 1 better. I like the asymmetrical form, the keyboard, the scroll wheel, the sd card, and the removable battery. So, I returned my kindle 2 and when my kindle 1 dies, I'll just get a new one, whatever is available at that time. And having two kindles is so expensive (more expensive when you're addicted to this board  :D): two skins, two covers, etc.  I used my credit card when I bought my kindle 1 so when the refund comes, my sister will just pay for that. It still ends up as a gift  ;D.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Interesting feedback, Libros_lego!  I, too, like the scroll wheel and the look of the K1.  Not to say the K2 isn't the right reader for others, but the K1 has its merits, too.  Glad you were able to end up with the right one for you, and thanks for the review!

Betsy

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm just really practical and if it serves the purpose, I stick to it. It's not weird or anything, right?  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am still debating what to do with my K1. I like both the K1 and K2 but since I have been using the K2 more, I've gotten more used to that, and Sir Sterndale Bennett has mostly been sitting next to the bed. I read a really good book last week that I know my mother would enjoy (it's her "type" of story, British author and so on) so on Sunday (Easter), I downloaded the book to my K1 and set it all up for her. All she needs to do is wake the Kindle up and start reading. We'll see how this goes...if she is successful, I might keep lending it to her. We'll see.

Here's a link to the book, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I haven't gotten my Kindle yet, so I read my ebooks on my iTouch while I save up for that Kindle of my dreams. I'm still trying to decide whether to get Kindle 1 or Kindle 2. You guys make good points for both of them. Decisions! Meanwhile, I'm also making lists of names so that Kindle will feel welcome when it becomes a member of my family.

·
Registered
469 Posts
LCEvans said:
I haven't gotten my Kindle yet, so I read my ebooks on my iTouch while I save up for that Kindle of my dreams. I'm still trying to decide whether to get Kindle 1 or Kindle 2. You guys make good points for both of them. Decisions! Meanwhile, I'm also making lists of names so that Kindle will feel welcome when it becomes a member of my family.
When the time comes for you buy a Kindle, you can't go wrong with either the K1 or K2. They are both absolutely wonderful. I hope you can get one soon.

Lynn M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts