Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at lunch today I walked over to Noodles & Co to eat and read.  I've got my trusty K2 in front of me when the server comes by.

Him: What's that?
Me: It's a Kindle, it's a digital reader.
Him: That's the third one I've seen today.
Me: Really? I've never seen one other then mine.

He points behind me.

There was an older gray-haired gentleman sitting just a bit behind me eating and reading on his Kindle.  (In a cover, no skin.)  So I went and tapped him on the shoulder and said hi.  He was reading a book about Truman and was very nice.  He commented on the my decalgirl skin (Bed of Roses) and said someone had just left with a Kindle.  (Drat, I could have had my first and second sighting in one day.)  I was just thrilled to hear that though, market penetration = more books for me.

Then I got back to my desk and there was a card waiting for me.  A thank you from the internal medicine department for all my hard work and $50 Amazon gift card.  :)  (Made me tear up a little bit, it definitely wasn't a form letter.)

Lara Amber

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Wow!  How nice to have your hard work recognized and rewarded in a way special for you.  Congratulations.  I'm still waiting for my first sighting in the wild.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Truman is supposed to be an absolutely WONDERFUL book, wonder how the pictures translated to the kindle.  I am seriously thinking of getting it for the kindle anyway since I don't hold 15 pound books any longer. :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not that gift certificate - you earned that one by sweat and tears

too cool on seeing another Kindle and just missing another one

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
LaraAmber said:
Maybe they should beep when they sense another Kindle nearby?
Wow - I think this is a great techie tip for Amazon to implement.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yeah but when there are lots of them out there it could get really annoying ;)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
LaraAmber said:
Well apparently if we weren't busy reading our Kindles, we would see them more. Maybe they should beep when they sense another Kindle nearby?
Sort of like a mating call. ::)

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
LaraAmber said:
So the Kindle 3 needs a tranq gun, a proximity beeper, to use cover art as screensavers, have a pull out blankie (magic fabric, squishes really, really tiny), and summon hot cocoa.

Amazon better get on that.

Lara Amber
And... dare I say it.... folders!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
LaraAmber - Congrats on your gift card and a job well done! I'm glad you were recognized for your hard work.

LaraAmber said:
Maybe they should beep when they sense another Kindle nearby?
I was thinking that Tom, the text-to-speech, guy could announce it: "Kindle spotted at 12:00"

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
kim said:
LaraAmber - Congrats on your gift card and a job well done! I'm glad you were recognized for your hard work.

I was thinking that Tom, the text-to-speech, guy could announce it: "Kindle spotted at 12:00"
I like that, but it might scare me, like the time my pager was on vibrate in my jacket pocket and kept going off while was working late, alone in the office. I kept turning, thinking someone was pulling on my jacket, until I finally realized what it was. ::)

Betsy

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I like that, but it might scare me, like the time my pager was on vibrate in my jacket pocket and kept going off while was working late, alone in the office. I kept turning, thinking someone was pulling on my jacket, until I finally realized what it was. ::)

Betsy
Oh my gosh, Betsy! That would have so freaked me out!

In the olden days I had a voice pager. It always seemed to go off when I was driving. The sound would be muffled because it was inside my purse, but when you start to hear voices when you are alone in the car it kind of freaks you out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts