Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you, Kindleboards, for all the helpful tips I found here.

My book Resurgence is a young adult, paranormal/fantasy romance. This is it!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congrads! 

You'll definitely want to make it part of your routine to check out the Writer's Cafe here on the Kindle Boards.  The wealth of information and guidance is priceless.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Congratulations!

Resurgence is tailored for a young adult audience and contains language, mild violence, and sexual situations, not recommended for readers under the age of 17.
In your description, I think perhaps you mean the "New Adult" category, not YA, which is 13+.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dalya said:
Congratulations!

In your description, I think perhaps you mean the "New Adult" category, not YA, which is 13+.
Good to know. I was confused and still am by the definition of YA. I like the term Young Adult, as it's what I've always called the stuff I read (I'm 31), and it's what draws me to certain books. I don't think I'm familiar with the term "New Adult", but it does make sense to me. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Johi said:
Good to know. I was confused and still am by the definition of YA. I like the term Young Adult, as it's what I've always called the stuff I read (I'm 31), and it's what draws me to certain books. I don't think I'm familiar with the term "New Adult", but it does make sense to me. Thanks for the info!
It really depends on *how much* mature stuff is in the book. I have been classifying two of my books as New Adult for ages now, because the protagonists are 18 and out of high school. There is frank talk of sex, but it's off-screen.

New Adult is hot right now, so I don't think it's a bad label to have, but it's still new, and I don't know much about your books, but I see "17+" on a LOT of "New Adult" books these days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts