Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had taken me awhile to decide to spend the money to buy the kindle so when I purchased it I refused to pay for shipping...I thought it out logically. I had already just a few days prior ordered the DTB versions of the twilight series 2-4. So there was no need to pay to get the kindle faster. I would have more then enough to read since it was to late to cancel my DTB order (yes I checked). Since I have ordered it I check the amazon site every hour or so..sometimes every 5 minutes to see if it's being processed yet. I have looked through reviews of accessories and made a wish list of books I want to buy when my kindle gets here. I have found out that a skin will make my Kindle look even cooler then it already does..so have scoured decal girls site and have already picked out the one I want. I will be purchasing that later today so that it will be here when I finally get my new toy. This is the one I picked

Amazon says that it will not ship until the 10th :( I knew that they it could take up to 3 extra days to get here once it shipped but I did not realize that Amazon would hold on to it and not process the order for days just because I didn't pay the $4 for shipping. If I knew that I would have paid the $4.

Oh btw I just checked and still it hasn't processed...lol

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Many were in the same position, fuzzy. I know it is hard but believe me, it will be worth the wait!
Just spend the extra time here at KindleBoards, we'll help!

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
It might ship sooner. . . . but the whole point of super saver -- FREE -- shipping is that they don't send it until they have a sort of full box heading in your direction.  You save money but lose time.  

This assumes a regular Kindle. . . .if you ordered the Kindle DX, they're not shipping any of them until June 10th.

Either way, it will SO be worth waiting for. . . .

Oh, and if it's not processing yet, you CAN change your shipping method. . . . .

·
Registered
428 Posts
Been there, done that. Its agonizing.  But at least you know when its coming.  Those of us that ordered during the transition from 1 to 2, got "will ship in 3-4 months"  that was horrible.  I didn't spring for the extra shipping either.  Most people here did, I read over and over about all these lucky people who already had theres, and mine was still on the slow truck.  The 10th isn't too far away, and KB's will help you through it. I waited 95 days :eek:

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I ordered a couple of things last week and decided on the free shipping.  My things were scheduled to go out on the 8th, but they went out yesterday.  Sooo....if you're lucky maybe it will ship a couple days sooner.  We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. 
Let us know when it does ship so we can go on Kindle watch.
deb

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
If you order a lot from Amazon, like I do, the Prime membership is very nice. Free 2 day ship for everything and next day for 3.99

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Don't worry, they do use the fastest shipping method posible...

:D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
intinst, that's just mean.  LOL. 

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bookfiend said:
I waited 95 days :eek:
:eek: No way, I would go insane and would also wear out many refresh buttons checking to see if it shipped yet.

Thanks everyone for the support I guess I will just hang out here and wait till it gets here. I did do one thing smart..I shipped it to my work address....so I won't have to be rushing home looking to see if it is here yet. lol

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I do like the Decal Girl you've picked out. 
deb

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
It does seem it is coming by wagon when you are waiting, square wheels or not.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Maybe, probably one of those old "big wheels" ones.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Rasputina said:
If you order a lot from Amazon, like I do, the Prime membership is very nice. Free 2 day ship for everything and next day for 3.99
Prime has been fabulous. Since we have the Amazon Visa for rewards, we've started checking Amazon before we make virtually any purchase. Having Prime means that we generally don't have to factor in the shipping, and best of all, I don't have to exercise as much patience. LOL

The program paid for itself in the first 45 days of use, and it's going to be a huge help at the holidays when we ship all over the place, usually at the last minute!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What exactly is the Prime membership thingy?  I saw that I could have gotten it shipped with the free 30 day trail but opted not to since I wasn't sure what it was exactly and was just quickly ordering the Kindle before I left for work. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
fuzzykno said:
What exactly is the Prime membership thingy? I saw that I could have gotten it shipped with the free 30 day trail but opted not to since I wasn't sure what it was exactly and was just quickly ordering the Kindle before I left for work.
For Prime, you sign up for an annual membership of $79. One day shipping is $3.99, two day shipping is free. Not every item for sale at Amazon qualifies for Prime but they make it very clear what does and does not. I have had Prime for several years and I think it has paid for itself several times over. But I also buy alot from Amazon.

L

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
intinst said:
Don't worry, they do use the fastest shipping method posible...

:D
LOL intinst .. good one :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts