Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This a.m. I was having a cup of java on the front deck and downloading a couple of new books to Kindle and my neighbor said whatever are you shaking your head about.  I had to laugh.  I just find it so utterly amazing that technology has come this far.

I

·
0 Posts
I know I like it.  I used to read about this stuff in sci fi stories when I was growing up.  Now I am living it.  How cool is that?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It really is amazing and I show my Kindle to my great neice and nephews and tell them that one day their textbooks will be read this way.  In their teenage and younger fashion they say "way cool".

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Vampyre said:
I know I like it. I used to read about this stuff in sci fi stories when I was growing up. Now I am living it. How cool is that?
Waaaay kool !

B

·
0 Posts
I still want my jet pack and my flying car.

THEY PROMISED US FLYING CARS!  :mad:

I

·
0 Posts
Yes, I started to bring that up but think about it. Most of the morons on the road can barely function in 2 dimensions, you want to add the third one? 

B

·
0 Posts
Vampyre said:
Yes, I started to bring that up but think about it. Most of the morons on the road can barely function in 2 dimensions, you want to add the third one?
Good point. Put down your cell phones and concentrate on driving, jerks! I can't even begin to count the number of times I've nearly been run off the road by idiots who are driving while on the phone. And they don't even realize the accident they nearly caused! Completely oblivious to it because they are on the phone.

I

·
0 Posts
Yep.  Here in Georgia, I think they have "don't pull out until you can see the whites of their eyes" rule. 

I guess we need to start a "shake my fist" thread and talk about driving. hehehe

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yes, we are a bit off topic at this point, but I'm not a moderator here so no yellow cards...

Back to topic, my last "shake my head" moment with the Kindle was when I decided I wanted a paper while riding in the car.  Just turned on whispernet and "voila!"

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am having a bit of a "shake my head" moment over finding The Curious Case of Benjamin Button story on feedbooks after just seeing the movie preview at the theater on Wednesday. It was completely serendipitous and a big coincidence and that made it really really cool.

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Aah, Vampyre, now we're veering into the evolution of language, also off topic.

Leslie, I had a similar "shake my head" moment when I saw that a movie on TV was based on a book and used Whispernet to dowload a sample of the book.

Too cool.

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
Damn my free range brain...back in the box brain..get in there!!!

I had a similar experience when you all mentioned seeing the book on Feedbooks right after seeing a movie trailer.  From that discussion, I now have it on my Kindle as well.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Bruinboy said:
I shake me head every time I think about having to wait until mid-February to get my Kindle :-[
[/quote

I'm shaking my head on my brother's behalf (end of Feb, beginning of March). He doesn't know it yet though...

Betsy

B

·
0 Posts
Bruinboy said:
I shake me head every time I think about having to wait until mid-February to get my Kindle :-[
It could be worse. It could be raining.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I shook my head this morning when my e-mail contained one from Amazon touting the Sony Reader.  How ironic is that???

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
kindlek said:
I shook my head this morning when my e-mail contained one from Amazon touting the Sony Reader. How ironic is that???
Seriously? That is truly amazing...

Betsy

1 - 20 of 50 Posts