Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everything I try to do today turns to crud (like how I cleaned that up?)  I made coffee and somehow forgot to empty the leftover coffee from the pot -- sooooo the coffee pot spilled over 2 whole counters - in cleaning that up I dropped something and broke it - 3 cookbooks I use quite a bit that have a home on one of the counters absorbed more water than I would have ever imagined possible and are now in the oven at 200 degrees trying to dry out -- - I made a PB&J for lunch and it tastes horrible -- what the heck can you do wrong with a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich (nothing wrong with it btw - my stomach and taste buds just do that from time to time) My arm is aching like a toothache because of the weather I am sure - and I still have to cook dinner and vacuum -- should I even bother....

arrrrgggghhhhh

oh I know this would be a good reason for a Kuerig right  ;D

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
(((hugs))) you should go back to bed. And yes, you need a Keurig...Just don't forget to put the cup on it before you push the start button..that can be messy.  ::)

I had a similar day on Friday. I won't go into the gory details, but it included a backed up septic tank, very little sleep, a broken a/c, lots of cleaning, digging though the trash, a panic attack, many, many tears and at least $700 in repair bills and lost night at work (fingers crossed it's not going to be more) and a canceled Kindle DX order  :'(

After all that, my mother proceeded to tell me just how messy my house is and how I should hire Merry Maids to come in and clean before my dad comes to visit in September.  :mad:(This is her first visit in about 4 years..probably the last for awhile..Love her, but we live on opposite sides of the country for a reason). And threatened to leave when I got upset with her about it (i know my house is a mess. I have a VERY full plate and housework is VERY low on my priority list..It gets done but not as quickly as it should..and with 4 kids, it only takes a couple hours to get destroyed again)

Needless to say, I went to bed after making myself a very, very large drink with lots of alcohol in it..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
luvmy4brats said:
(((hugs))) you should go back to bed. And yes, you need a Keurig...Just don't forget to put the cup on it before you push the start button..that can be messy. ::)

I had a similar day on Friday. I won't go into the gory details, but it included a backed up septic tank, very little sleep, a broken a/c, lots of cleaning, digging though the trash, a panic attack, many, many tears and at least $700 in repair bills and lost night at work (fingers crossed it's not going to be more) and a canceled Kindle DX order :'(.

After all that, my mother proceeded to tell me just how messy my house is and how I should hire Merry Maids to come in and clean before my dad comes to visit in September. :mad:(This is her first visit in about 4 years..probably the last for awhile..Love her, but we live on opposite sides of the country for a reason). And threatened to leave when I got upset with her about it (i know my house is a mess. I have a VERY full plate and housework is VERY low on my priority list..It gets done but not as quickly as it should..and with 4 kids, it only takes a couple hours to get destroyed again)

Needless to say, I went to bed after making myself a very, very large drink with lots of alcohol in it..
Oh NOOOOO'S that was the worst day ever -- I'm sure you cancelled the DX because of the $700 repair bill but dang I think you need a reward after that day -

and heck I only have a husband and he can wreck havoc with the house I can't imagine what 4 kids can do :eek: -- tell her to take a chill pill that your house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy darn it!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chynared21 said:
Um...just don't "burn" the cookbooks ;) Murphy was thinking about you today I guess...
I just took the books out of the oven - hoping they will dry ok and I will be able to get the pages open without too much damage - I would hate to have to replace them ...

Murphy can just take out his Kindle and stop thinking about me now - thank you very much hehehe

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I live alone and my house can become a mess.  I have spent most of the weekend cleaning just the downstairs and my bedroom.  I think sometimes moms from past generations cannot relate to moms of today.  Sporting events, other after-school events, tons of homework, jobs, committees, etc., can suck the hours out of the day very quickly.  Who has time to make sure all of the dust bunnies are safely corralled?
Good luck with the rest of her visit.  Feel free to come around and vent whenever necessary.
deb

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
rho said:
I just took the books out of the oven - hoping they will dry ok and I will be able to get the pages open without too much damage - I would hate to have to replace them ...

Murphy can just take out his Kindle and stop thinking about me now - thank you very much hehehe
Hope all is well now. I would just stick the wet books in front of a running fan.
Marti

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
OOPS!  I promise - thinks will get better - won't say when, but they will get better  :-*

and yes HUGS!

luv - HUGS to you too - my opinion on housekeeping is - if you don't like my housekeeping either do it yourself or leave or be quiet!

My MIL is coming in August and I am already trying to not stress out about it!

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Housekeeping has never been high on my list either, but I improved my little place a lot through flylady.net.  Highly recommend.  Got rid of a lot of stuff last year.  I live alone, so I never thought it really mattered that much (I'm clean but had so many piles of books around -- I'm a piler).

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
yep, the DX was cancelled because of repair bills and the possibility we'll have to replace the family room carpet. We replaced sections of the padding and one section of carpet yesterday. Hopefully it's enough.

I'll be the first to admit my house usually looks like a bomb went off in the center of it. I just didn't need her to point it out to me quite the way she did. 4 kids, 5 cats, 2 dogs, and husband and I working opposite shifts? Sometimes, housework is the last thing on my list.

drenee said:
I live alone and my house can become a mess. I have spent most of the weekend cleaning just the downstairs and my bedroom. I think sometimes moms from past generations cannot relate to moms of today. Sporting events, other after-school events, tons of homework, jobs, committees, etc., can suck the hours out of the day very quickly. Who has time to make sure all of the dust bunnies are safely corralled?
Good luck with the rest of her visit. Feel free to come around and vent whenever necessary.
deb
Then add in KindleBoards.... This place definitely has higher priority than folding & putting away laundry.

rho, I hope your books are ok.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Rho,
I know how a bad day can get worse.  Hopefully yours stopped there.
I agree with hugs all around.  The good news is that if tomorrow is a normal day, it should look fabulous.

Luv,
My Sweet Wife and I have the agreement that living in a home is more important than cleaning it.
Cleaning has its place and someday we will get caught up - hopefully before I go to meet my maker.
But we have a lot to DO right now.  And our kids are grown and gone (well they never really go).
With the ages yours are (I remember the picture) you are lucky if you aren't losing ground to cleaning each day.
If your house is "presentable" I would applaud you.
And you can refer you mother to me for my opinion any time you want.

Just sayin.......

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
geoffthomas said:
Rho,
I know how a bad day can get worse. Hopefully yours stopped there.
I agree with hugs all around. The good news is that if tomorrow is a normal day, it should look fabulous.

Luv,
My Sweet Wife and I have the agreement that living in a home is more important than cleaning it.
Cleaning has its place and someday we will get caught up - hopefully before I go to meet my maker.
But we have a lot to DO right now. And our kids are grown and gone (well they never really go).
With the ages yours are (I remember the picture) you are lucky if you aren't losing ground to cleaning each day.
If your house is "presentable" I would applaud you.
And you can refer you mother to me for my opinion any time you want.

Just sayin.......
Ditto on what Geoff said ;)

My mom will always tell me to leave the mess and in a way she's got it right...I don't want my kid to have memories of mom always cleaning instead of watching her grow and have fun. I want to have fun with my kid, to do the things I wasn't allowed to do during my missed childhood. I think, IMO, that those are way better memories.

Plus Luv...not only do you have all that on your plate, but you're also educating your kids. I'm amazed, and I bow down to you, how you handle all of that. If I didn't have my health issues, I highly doubt that I'd be able to keep up with half of your "to do" list ;D

BTW...love reading the "just sayin..." Geoff. I'd probably be lost if you ever left it off :p

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
rho said:

I would think that the pages would just be crinkled, being that there wasn't any sugar or stickiness involved...just a thought.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mlewis78 said:
Housekeeping has never been high on my list either, but I improved my little place a lot through flylady.net. Highly recommend. Got rid of a lot of stuff last year. I live alone, so I never thought it really mattered that much (I'm clean but had so many piles of books around -- I'm a piler).
I've been doing a modified version of flylady - I have a problem with getting ticked off at DH for all his stuff around - seriously I have a metal gun safe in my living room - 9 boxes of stuff from a sale he has to put away - you can't see my couch for his stuff -- should I go on --- and Flylady says just let it go and pick it up --- I CAN'T pick it up for one it is too heavy and 2 he has specific spots for it to go in the basement till the next show season --

Plus pretty much nothing has been done since November 4th when I broke my arm - I'm including vacuuming, swiffer, dusting in that nothing -- I am slowly doing things but it is slow .... oh well .... I will just plug along doing my 15 minutes at a time ;)

somehow I hit send by mistake -- I wanted to add I am a piler too - neat piles but lots and lots of them ::)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh Kathy those were great ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts