Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear it was an accident! I was reading the posts about the "mysterious stars" and somehow I hit the Report to Admin link. I don't know if that sent you an automatic email, but if so I'm sorry!

K.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Not a problem but thanks for letting me know it was an accident. I'll just ignore the report.

L

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
One time I accidentally clicked "logged" when I was trying to go to the next post.  What does that do?

Ann

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ That "logged" note just denotes that the forum logs the IP (Internet) address of users. It's a way for us to help identify spammers from registering in the forums and posting automated spam messages.

Clicking on it has no effect. So you're okay!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Harvey said:
^ That "logged" note just denotes that the forum logs the IP (Internet) address of users. It's a way for us to help identify spammers from registering in the forums and posting automated spam messages.

Clicking on it has no effect. So you're okay!
Learned something new today...thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Click on 'logged' and see an info box that, in part, says : Your IP address is shown only to you and moderators. Remember that this information is not identifying, and that most IPs change periodically.

I've got no quarrel with logging the IP, but the statement I put in italics is rather outdated.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ I agree. In fact, most people's IP address is static now.

We don't use it other than as one of the banning triggers when we're trying to keep spammers out of the boards. They can be relentless.

Of course, they are the ones who also know how to cloak their IP addresses. :(  Fortunately this board hasn't been "found" by the robotic spammers yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts