Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we live on base and shop at the commissary. This past weekend we bought some Emerald Nuts Berry Blend Trail Mix. The whole family fell in love with it. It's like the best trail mix I've ever had.

I go back today and there's none there. This is typical for the commissary. They like to toy with me. Give me something I love and then snatch it from me in a day or two. I will have my trail mix though!

I head on over to Wal-mart NADA. Fine!

Come home hop on over to emeralnuts.com. Go looking for some local store that might carry it. Yeah Bruno's which I already know is on the extreme high end of any budget I could ever pull together for shopping. I go so searching through the site some more. Find their list of products click on all products for purchase button. Wham BAM thank you Amazon.com
I just ordered a case! And they have it where you can subscribe to shipments of the product. Hell I just bought books and movies on the site. But subscribe for some trail mix!

*does happy dance*

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
I totally hear you about shopping at the commissary.  The rule is. . .if you think you'll need it in the next 6 months and they have it today, buy plenty now.  It's worse when you live overseas because (1) they usually get limited supplies and (2) there's often no place else to shop!

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
About a year ago, a friend of mine wanted to send flowers a friend and was wondering where to order them. I said, I wonder if Amazon has flowers? and I found out yes, they do, and very nice ones, indeed!

My favorite is the Nature's Best Bouquet from Falcon Farms:

The price just went up $5 ($29.99) and with shipping the order comes to $40. Still, I think it is a whole lot less than ordering flowers to be delivered from the florist. The quality is great, the flowers are amazingly fresh and last for ages. I sent some to my mother and they lasted two weeks. I just sent a bunch to a friend last week. I ordered late Wednesday night, she had them on Friday and said they were gorgeous.

Thank you, Amazon!

L

PS, I had to laugh at the SuperBowl ad from Teleflora that was anti- flowers in a box. Falcon Farms is the type of business they were ranting against.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I learned a while ago to check Amazon first.  Sometimes I'll search around to see if there's a better price, but usually Amazon has what I want at the best price. 

I've done some grocery shopping with them, too, AND gotten free shipping. 

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I love amazon.  I think I'm going to make my brother name his first child that.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Sariy said:
So we live on base and shop at the commissary. This past weekend we bought some Emerald Nuts Berry Blend Trail Mix. The whole family fell in love with it. It's like the best trail mix I've ever had.

I go back today and there's none there. This is typical for the commissary. They like to toy with me. Give me something I love and then snatch it from me in a day or two. I will have my trail mix though!

I head on over to Wal-mart NADA. Fine!

Come home hop on over to emeralnuts.com. Go looking for some local store that might carry it. Yeah Bruno's which I already know is on the extreme high end of any budget I could ever pull together for shopping. I go so searching through the site some more. Find their list of products click on all products for purchase button. Wham BAM thank you Amazon.com
I just ordered a case! And they have it where you can subscribe to shipments of the product. Hell I just bought books and movies on the site. But subscribe for some trail mix!

*does happy dance*
Oh Sairy, you are fitting in perfectly here! ;D I have bought more things since I joined KB, all from Amazon except a couple of purses.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Like I've said before:  Y'all are so my people.

I'm on the Amazon Prime program.  Items in the program ship free in two days or $3.99 to get things overnight (regardless of weight) and I can't imagine all the money I've saved in shipping alone by ordering:

Five-piece place settings of Fiesta dishes (25.99 per set vs. $40+ in stores);

My hammock base was $140 - every other vendor charged at least $40 to ship it because it weighs so much and is huge;

Movado watch - no tax, no shipping (ALSO, no warranty, so buyer beware but I do not regret it so far).

In bulk I've ordered hard-to-find brown rice crisps, Jordan almonds (hard to find in Southern Cal!) and I could go on and on and on and on, but I won't.

I LOVE AMAZON.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jordan almonds (hard to find in Southern Cal!)
I apologize for the brief hijack, but if you are anywhere near a Henry's market, they have THE BEST Jordan almonds - the perfect amount of sugary crunch that doesn't break your teeth and cut your gums to shreds! I'm buying them almost every week - but almonds are so healthy, of course!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Pencepon!  I went to the Henry's website and it looks like there's a store opening in May about 30 minutes away in Woodland Hills.  I'll check it out!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Pencepon said:
I apologize for the brief hijack, but if you are anywhere near a Henry's market, they have THE BEST Jordan almonds - the perfect amount of sugary crunch that doesn't break your teeth and cut your gums to shreds! I'm buying them almost every week - but almonds are so healthy, of course!
Thanks, Pencepon, we're in San Diego now and go to Henry's about every other day, I'll be checking them out!

Betsy

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would agree that Amazon has great prices. I was going to buy an 8G SD card for my kindle and in my instant gratification mode did not want to wait for it to be shipped so I shopped around to buy it locally. I ended up going back to Amazon for $17 which included shipping vs. $40 at Walmart! At more then half the price in savings I can wait! Go Amazon!

As long as we are sharing favorite websites one of mine is www.penzeys.com or if you are lucky enough to have had a store open in your area check it out. They have the BEST spices if you like to cook or bake and are extremely reasonable. I know for a fact that the Almond Extract is cheaper through here then in the stores, especially if you are a food snob like me and will only buy the real stuff! :D Also walking into the store is heaven, the smells are awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts