Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chose the dragonfly pond in fern because I liked it and the only cover that really "matches" my decal girl whimsical skin is the butterfly cover and I didn't want that one.

Here is my K1 with the skin on

Link to the cover I ordered http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=932

Link to the BB bag http://www.borsabella.com/browse-the-borsa-bella-store/details/226/8/let%5C%27s-do-lunch-handbag/twilight-let%27s-do-lunch-handbag?keyword=twilight

I just don't think the dragonfly pond in fern will coordinate. And of course now that I've bought the Borsa Bella bags in the Twilight fabric and caught the enabling bug I want them to coordinate. ;)

So I have a red, pink and black theme going.

I am debating that I should have gotten a different cover.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I was debating that I should have gotten the River Garden in red but I don't think it would coordinate with my skin.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I think all three of your choices are very pretty.  The cover may not match as perfect as some I've seen, but I think it's very pretty in its own right. 
I personally have not picked out any bags to match my covers because I tend to change my bags/purses pretty often.  If you're happy with your items, that's all that counts.
deb

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I don't necessarily match my cover to my bags, but--if that's important to you, I agree that the pond in fern doesn't work as well with your bag & skin choices.  There's really nothing "perfect" in Oberon's colors to do both, except black, of course, and their cover choices in black don't really fit the theme well.  I did put pics of the skin/bag/red river garden side by side on my monitor, and I liked the combo relatively well.  

The only question I had was, what's the true accent color on the skin?  On your image, it looks a little more towards pink, on the website it looked more dark fuchsia, shading towards a warm plum.  I think a pink tone would go a little better with the red cover in this case.

Something in Saddle would be my other choice, it tends to go with nearly anything!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Honestly, if you're happy with the cover and the bag and the skin - keep them.  But if you think it's always going to bother you that they don't all coordinate, decide which you love more - the skin and the bag, or the cover - and change accordingly.  I'm sure you could sell the bag or the cover here on the boards pretty easily.  I'd be interested in the cover myself if it were velcro instead of corners, but I seem to be in the minority on that.   :)

Oh, and the red Sun cover would probably be a good choice (I'm partial to that one myself) - then again, once the new choices are announced in the next few days there might even be more choices. 

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VictoriaP said:
I don't necessarily match my cover to my bags, but--if that's important to you, I agree that the pond in fern doesn't work as well with your bag & skin choices. There's really nothing "perfect" in Oberon's colors to do both, except black, of course, and their cover choices in black don't really fit the theme well. I did put pics of the skin/bag/red river garden side by side on my monitor, and I liked the combo relatively well.

The only question I had was, what's the true accent color on the skin? On your image, it looks a little more towards pink, on the website it looked more dark fuchsia, shading towards a warm plum. I think a pink tone would go a little better with the red cover in this case.

Something in Saddle would be my other choice, it tends to go with nearly anything!
I'd say the skin is more in the plum family with the spectrum including a slight pinky shade in the lighter colors. Black would be a good cover color to tie them all in, but I agree the design options don't go with my theme.

I got corners for the cover because I plan on reading without the cover on at home. No way am I giving up my bags LOL I like their print the most of the 3 designs. The pond cover was really just the best of the options available, I'm not married to it. Same with the skin. I've considered trying to design a custom skin.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
you might be able to trade. My K1 is now read by my husband. the purple butterfly cover is not quite liked by him ;D. now I know you said you did not like that one but many a 1st kindle is inherated. IMO A trade is good as I do not sell items.
sylvia

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
You know, the new red ginkgo (when it comes out) might be a good bet:

(journal shown since the cover isn't up yet)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rasputina said:
I got corners for the cover because I plan on reading without the skin on at home. No way am I giving up my bags LOL I like their print the most of the 3 designs. The pond cover was really just the best of the options available, I'm not married to it. Same with the skin. I've considered trying to design a custom skin.
I truly hope you meant without the cover!!! LOL And personally think the green cover and purple skin would look terrific together! I love green and purple combo!

Susie

·
Registered
2,791 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
ak rain said:
you might be able to trade. My K1 is now read by my husband. the purple butterfly cover is not quite liked by him ;D. now I know you said you did not like that one but many a 1st kindle is inherated. IMO A trade is good as I do not sell items.
sylvia
Does your butterfly cover have velcro or corners? I've got Tree of Life with velcro for my K1 - much more manly - I might consider trading if he'd like the ToL.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rasputina, I can vouch for the beauty of the red sky dragon, as I have that one! I would also suggest the skins Zen or Zen revisited to go with that cover. Just to confuse/enable you more!!

Susie

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That would be a gorgeous combination!

I have Pink Tranquility on my laptop and really like it.  The only reason I didn't go that route on the Kindle was that I really didn't want a white-based skin, since the white frame was already distracting me.  If that's not an issue for you, go for it!  You can resell the Pond cover easily enough, or perhaps make a trade.

(now I'm looking at Twilight bags, thanks a lot!  :D  Do post that Let's do Lunch when it arrives, I really want to see it!)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Rasputina said:
Pink Tranquility is a really nice skin - I've got it on my Palm Treo phone and had it on my first netbook, which I gave to my daughter & just left the skin on since she liked the skin (and pink). It would be good with either of those covers, which both have a slightly Asian feel to them (to me).
And I have the Zen Revisited (I think - the one with black) on my iPod.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VictoriaP said:
That would be a gorgeous combination!

I have Pink Tranquility on my laptop and really like it. The only reason I didn't go that route on the Kindle was that I really didn't want a white-based skin, since the white frame was already distracting me. If that's not an issue for you, go for it! You can resell the Pond cover easily enough, or perhaps make a trade.

(now I'm looking at Twilight bags, thanks a lot! :D Do post that Let's do Lunch when it arrives, I really want to see it!)
LOL sorry for the enabling on the twilight bags. I got the Kindle Travel bag and the Let's do Lunch in that fabric. I just fell in love with it. I will post pics when they arrive.

I do think that the most recent combo I posted would be beautiful. The white wouldn't bother me at all, I used my K1 for a year without a skin at all and I'm used to the white.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Meemo said:
Pink Tranquility is a really nice skin - I've got it on my Palm Treo phone and had it on my first netbook, which I gave to my daughter & just left the skin on since she liked the skin (and pink). It would be good with either of those covers, which both have a slightly Asian feel to them (to me).
And I have the Zen Revisited (I think - the one with black) on my iPod.
Yeah that is partly why I chose them all 3 designs have an Asian feel. Thanks for posting that you like your skin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts