Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got my kindle yesterday (friday) and when I turn it on I notice on the screen above where there's the small black line saying the kindle's owner's name, wifi, etc. that it doesn't look straight. The screen or the frame that i'm seeing looks out of place...not by much but it is noticable...i'll try to take a picture and show it here.

There's the typical shadows at the bottom caused by the lights like everyone says, but what's bothering me (just by a little bit) is that the screen of my kindle is a little out of frame from the black kindle frame...

Has anyone else notice this on their kindles?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Manami said:
Ok, so I got my kindle yesterday (friday) and when I turn it on I notice on the screen above where there's the small black line saying the kindle's owner's name, wifi, etc. that it doesn't look straight. The screen or the frame that i'm seeing looks out of place...not by much but it is noticable...i'll try to take a picture and show it here.

There's the typical shadows at the bottom caused by the lights like everyone says, but what's bothering me (just by a little bit) is that the screen of my kindle is a little out of frame from the black kindle frame...

Has anyone else notice this on their kindles?
On Amazon reviews, this was a fairly common complaint amongst Kindle Paperwhite purchases, at least early on - haven't followed recently, but I know it was because I looked it up then. Is yours a regular Kindle or Paperwhite? I personally have five Kindles and the only one where the screen indeed is a little crooked/out of frame is the Paperwhite, purchased around the launch. Not too much to care when reading, but it is obvious in the menus. I think the more complicated screen with all the layers makes it more easy to get crooked on the PW assembly than on other Kindles, but that is just my speculation. One more of those little annoyances in the Paperwhite story, but not a deal breaker for me that one (there were others but that is another story).

If you have a Paperwhite that you are otherwise happy with, I'd say stick with it because of the risk of getting other issues with the new screen and more of them seem to be a little crooked than other models... If yours is some other Kindle, my own experience says that flaw is rare on those other Kindles and so in that case you should try swapping, because the new unit is probably better.

Edit: I see you mentioned lights, so I expect you were talking of the PW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My apologies. I meant the kindle paperwhite.  I kinda got used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore.  My PW does have some discoloration because of the light, but I can fix it by turning it off or lowering the light.  I waited so long to get my hands on a PW and im very happy to finally have one :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Is the screen actually crooked a bit?  I'd probably contact customer service, personally.  I'm a bit anal about those kinds of things. 

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just got my wife's Paperwhite tonight, and of course I have mine. Checking the centering and alignment on any screen device I purchase, is the first thing I do.  I can say both are perfectly aligned screens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts