Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I know something is wrong!  One person with one Kindle does not need two or even three Oberon covers and several Borsa Bella bags!  I'm about to die because Oberon accidently sent me the wrong color in Maple Riverbed.  I ordered green and saddle arrived.  They are great about sending the green one with a prepaid package for the return of the saddle.  However, I get on here and see the ROH in purple ..... oh and the River Garden in Red and then I see Borsa Bella bags to match them ....... I'm loosing my mind!  I got two Borsa Bella bags one for me and one for my mom and she has not arrived yet so I'm just fretting over which one to keep and which one to give!  The orange and red one I picked out for her will look great with the red River Garden!  I have the one decal girl skin that is brown and aqua and that doesn't go with anything but I love it.  I think my head is spinning!  Oh what to do!  I will probably get one more Oberon but I have to decide between the purple ROH and the red River Garden I really really don't need both!  ???  I feel like I need to attend a support group meeting!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Join the club! We are all obsessed with Oberon covers. I have actually thought about buying more Kindles just to put the covers on them. Yes, sick, I know.

L

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just think about all the money you save from downloading free books or discounted books!  And how you're supporting the economy!

Also, I figure that if you rotate your covers every few months it will extend their life and keep you from getting tired of looking at the same thing all the time.  I am also getting ready to order a second oberon, Tree of Life in green.  And in a few months maybe I'll get that red sun.  That way I have variety so I always have something to match the skin I'm using.  I don't want to limit my skin choices because of my cover!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Wrong? ??? Nothing is wrong with you!!!! It's all Oberon's fault for adding all of the designs and colors. How dare them listen to us.  ;) We are helping the economy, right?

·
Registered
144 Posts
khttk-  I know exactly what you mean.  My KK came with the dragonfly pond cover.  I ordered ROH in purple.  I love them both.  Now I see River Garden in red and really like it.  I swear I am obsessed.  I bought a borsa bella bag that matched both but then really didn't want to carry my purse and the bag so I went out and bought a bigger purse that I could put my KK and cover in.  I use my borsa bella bag to organize the accessories (extra cover, charger, extra charger).  Who ever thought that something you bought to read on could cause so much want, I expected to want books but not all these extras.  Oh well, it is still fun, and as long as I can afford it no one is hurt, and reading these posts I know that I am not alone!!!  

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
dablab said:
khttk- I know exactly what you mean. My KK came with the dragonfly pond cover. I ordered ROH in purple. I love them both. Now I see River Garden in red and really like it. I swear I am obsessed. I bought a borsa bella bag that matched both but then really didn't want to carry my purse and the bag so I went out and bought a bigger purse that I could put my KK and cover in. I use my borsa bella bag to organize the accessories (extra cover, charger, extra charger). Who ever thought that something you bought to read on could cause so much want, I expected to want books but not all these extras. Oh well, it is still fun, and as long as I can afford it no one is hurt, and reading these posts I know that I am not alone!!!
LOL I also bought a new purse. I'm not even a purse person, but it had to be perfect for my KK. Now I'm getting shoulder pain carrying it. What we do for our babies....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Helping the economy, yes yes, buying American, yes all good things!  Rotating the covers!  Oh bless you all for making me feel better!  I have a birthday in two weeks and I will tell me my husband I want one of those covers now let's see ... ROH or River Garden ........ hmmmmm!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Leslie said:
Join the club! We are all obsessed with Oberon covers. I have actually thought about buying more Kindles just to put the covers on them. Yes, sick, I know.

L
I think you could have stopped with the underlined portion for most of us. So sad, so sad.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
khttk98 said:
I don't think I know something is wrong! One person with one Kindle does not need two or even three Oberon covers and several Borsa Bella bags! I'm about to die because Oberon accidently sent me the wrong color in Maple Riverbed. I ordered green and saddle arrived. They are great about sending the green one with a prepaid package for the return of the saddle. However, I get on here and see the ROH in purple ..... oh and the River Garden in Red and then I see Borsa Bella bags to match them ....... I'm loosing my mind! I got two Borsa Bella bags one for me and one for my mom and she has not arrived yet so I'm just fretting over which one to keep and which one to give! The orange and red one I picked out for her will look great with the red River Garden! I have the one decal girl skin that is brown and aqua and that doesn't go with anything but I love it. I think my head is spinning! Oh what to do! I will probably get one more Oberon but I have to decide between the purple ROH and the red River Garden I really really don't need both! ??? I feel like I need to attend a support group meeting!
Here...let me make it worse. Your brown & aqua skin (Disarray?) would look great with the saddle Maple Riverbed. I almost got that one to go with my saddle Tree of Life.
I know what you mean though - I think that's why I got my Oberon on eBay - made the choice easier. When I look at all of them online, it's hard to narrow it down to one. Luckily ToL was one of my top choices. Of course then there was only the one color, now I'd have to choose between saddle & green & I don't know which I'd pick! (But I tell myself the saddle is a classic color that I'll never get tired of - which is true enough.) But I still love the red Sun, and the purple RoH.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
It makes me a little mad that Amazon made the new Kindle just a fraction bigger. I wish I could switch the covers between my K1 and K2. If I knew I could do that, I'd be ordering up my ROH in a heartbeat. As it is, I am having a hard time deciding what to do. Sigh....

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Isn't it funny that one little device designed to read books can cause all of us to completely lose our minds over how to accessorize it?
Yes, it is. On top of that, before November 2008, I never even knew Oberon designs existed and now I feel like I want to buy one of everything they make!

L

·
Registered
361 Posts
Leslie said:
Yes, it is. On top of that, before November 2008, I never even knew Oberon designs existed and now I feel like I want to buy one of everything they make!

L
I am with you on that one. Until this board, I had never heard of decalgirl, oberon design, borsa bella, strangedog.....the list goes on. My DH doesn't see it quite like I do, so I tell him that I am doing my part to stimulate the economy. He just shakes his head & laughs! :D
kjn

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Leslie said:
It makes me a little mad that Amazon made the new Kindle just a fraction bigger. I wish I could switch the covers between my K1 and K2. If I knew I could do that, I'd be ordering up my ROH in a heartbeat. As it is, I am having a hard time deciding what to do. Sigh....

L
That's why I'm glad I got the velcro - I think it'll be much easier to potentially switch to a new Kindle with velcro (I've seen at least one person who was able to put her K2 in her K1 cover with velcro). I wasn't thinking about that at the time, I just liked the look.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Leslie said:
I knew about them before, but it hadn't occurred to me to check them out online. I have a 5x7 journal from them that I've had for about a million years. I don't even remember where I got it, and now it looks like they don't make the design anymore. That makes me a little sad, because it would have made a nice Kindle design!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
LOL....I hope you realize that many of the folks on here are enablers. 
deb

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
LOL!  Understand completely!  But here's my question.  What did you spend your money on before Kindle???  Collections???  DTBs????? 

1 - 20 of 43 Posts