Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
WOW! Hope Amazon has a payment plan for that selection - my Visa's limit ain't that high!!! 

:eek:

·
Registered
501 Posts
mwvickers said:
Good news! Because I know you were all dying to read it. The price has been fixed. It is now only $42.36.
I KNEW IT! THEY ALWAYS DROP THE PRICE AFTER I BUY IT!!!

:'(

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
mwvickers said:
Good news! Because I know you were all dying to read it. The price has been fixed. It is now only $42.36.
What? Will they reimburse me because before they changed the price, I paid the original $41K for it. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Kind said:
What? Will they reimburse me because before they changed the price, I paid the original $41K for it. :mad: :mad:
No. They did away with the price adjustments. I'm afraid you're stuck with it unless it's been less than 7 days since you bought it. Unless there are formatting errors. Are there formating errors? They'd refund for that. ;)

I'm waiting for it drop to $9.99. Then I'll buy it. The price just hasn't come down enough for me to be tempted. It's a shame. Looks to be a thriller.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Technical and trade books so far have tended to be significantly more expensive than mainstream books in both print and as eBooks and I doubt this will change any time soon, at least from the conversations I've had with my publisher. For example, my book (published by Focal Press) lists for $49.95 in both print and as an eBook (directly from the publisher). It isn't yet available on the Kindle - though they've released a few of their books as a test - and they are only slightly discounted from their print price.

One other consideration is that trade books tend to have a LOT of illustrations, charts, and tables. My book has well over a hundred of them and I'm told that the tables and charts especially would be very hard - and time consuming - to reformat for the Kindle. Many of these books - including my own - also have a lot of callouts and sidebars. Apparently these are hard to do on the Kindle currently.

That said, if Amazon really is going to do a Textbook Kindle, they are going to have to solve these problems. I'd love to see my book on the Kindle - if just so I could carry a copy around.

-greg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts