Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. I have to say this knowing that there is a great possibility that I will be the brunt (sp?) of jokes, but this it the first board or internet group I have ever joined.  I haven't even lurked on other boards...

Anyway, when I first got here, I thought you all (especially the mods) all lived in the same area and got together in person a lot.  I saw references to parties, book klubs, etc., and wondered whether you all that lived close together just decided to start your own internet club.  I felt a little left out because there were so many parties and get togethers being held without me.

I now think that you all are just really good at creating parties over the net.  Never heard of that before, but with the 3000th member celebration going on in another thread, it just donned on me...hmmm...they don't all live together...

Weird huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
pawlaw aka MXCIX said:
I now think that you all are just really good at creating parties over the net. Never heard of that before, but with the 3000th member celebration going on in another thread, it just donned on me...hmmm...they don't all live together...
isn't the internet a GRAND thing ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
And aren't we a GRAND bunch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
There is actually a member here who lives probably 3 miles from me, in my own town, but we've never met in person. But we have chatted online.

Harvey, the owner of this site, lives completely across the country from me. He's in Washington (state) and I am in Maine.

I love the Internet!

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hee, Hee.  :D

One of the first threads I read back in December had a picture of Leslie (or at least that's who the poster said it was) as a bellydancer at a party.  I thought it was one of the parties you all were having without me.  Now that I look back on it...I can't help but laugh at myself.  I've learned so much about how people interact over the net on this board.  I'm still learning and still stick my foot in it a lot, but I'm teachable ;0)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
If we had only known we could have had a lot of fun playing jokes on you. 
As you have probably found out, we love to share information, and we love to have fun, about anything, including Kitchen Aid mixers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
pawlaw aka MXCIX said:
Hee, Hee. :D

One of the first threads I read back in December had a picture of Leslie (or at least that's who the poster said it was) as a bellydancer at a party. I thought it was one of the parties you all were having without me. Now that I look back on it...I can't help but laugh at myself. I've learned so much about how people interact over the net on this board. I'm still learning and still stick my foot in it a lot, but I'm teachable ;0)
I remember that picture. It was "me" dancing with Hugh Jackman at a party. I still had long hair and a waist. Funny, I don't have that picture in my photobucket. LOL.

This is the real me...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
Leslie said:
I remember that picture. It was "me" dancing with Hugh Jackman at a party. I still had long hair and a waist. Funny, I don't have that picture in my photobucket. LOL.

This is the real me...

I love your car ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Maybe someone can link the post to the story about Leslie's car.  Very interesting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oooohhh...pretty car!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
drenee said:
Maybe someone can link the post to the story about Leslie's car. Very interesting!
Yes, what thread was that in...LOL. It is around here somewhere. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to warm weather and getting the top down on my car. He's been feeling cooped up all winter!

That picture was taken in Trollhatten, Sweden, in front of the largest Saab dealership in the world. We bought the car in Sweden, toured Norway for two weeks, then dropped it off in Gothenburg to be shipped home. It was a fabulous trip.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, sounds like a great trip...I've never been to Sweden...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
I've been looking at Leslie's current avatar so much and so long, if I met her in person, I'd expect her to look like that, LOL!

Mod Ann and I live not too many miles away; we're planning a DC area KB get-together after tax season...

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Back in 1996 I worked all over the state of Maine for about 4 months, I have never seen so many SAAB model cars in my entire life. I also got to see first hand what road salt does to the bottom of a SAAB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
I wish we all lived close together..Then again, we'd never get any reading done on our Kindles..It's hard enough now!

I love the internet. One of my best friends is someone I met online about 10 years ago. We discovered we only lived about 45 minutes away from each other. We've grown so close, her daughter calls me Grandma Heather and we spend Christmas and Thanksgiving together every year..Well, we did up until this past year. She just moved to Australia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
I've been lucky enough to make a number of good friends over the internet (usually on forums like these) over the last few years; some across the country, some across the world, and some literally in my own backyard (or at least one mountain over).

And somehow I missed that Harvey was here in Washington!  LOL  Wish our locations showed in our posts & not just in our profiles.

But yeah, many of us spend all our time here already.  We'd never get anything done if we all lived close by.  If nothing else, all the Kindles would have to meet up and compare their outfits!  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
That's funny, pawlaw. I like the idea of all of us mods living in some group house together, and throwing wild Kindle parties all the time. That would get the neighbors talking.
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top