Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,981 Posts
I got an email from PubIt today telling me it was "payday," right on time. They've always had terrible customer service, but I don't think it means they're going out of business-- more that they just don't care that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Victoria Champion said:
I am wanting them to delete my account so I can start over there (because I think there is something fundamentally broken about my account which is keeping my books stuck in processing.) I am super frustrated with this! Not only have I missed any potential Christmas sales, but I can't trust them to process my books and then ultimately pay me if I do make any sales. I am willing to take the one sale I had there as a loss if they will just let me start over fresh.
There is something fundamentally broken over there, but it's not your account (or not only your account). Their dashboard has been crap to use to update or pub this month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,823 Posts
CB Edwards said:
I hope not. They owe me $1.60.
Best post of the year!!

(I traded in a bunch of used CDs at my neighborhood music store a few years ago ... I didn't notice they were having a going-out-of-business sale!! ... I took a receipt for $19-something in credit. I still remember the feeling I had when I went back a few weeks later and looked through the window and saw the empty bins ...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
The only thing broke over there is my bank account!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
Victoria, you are in the US, right? And all your account information is in the US, banks and address and all?

I really haven't heard of someone not getting anything through. I have two accounts there, one a couple years old and one fairly new, and both zip through just fine. In fact, price changes now go through instantly even though the other data changes may lag behind a few hours. They are publishing way faster than Amazon at this point for me.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Do you have any old non-erotica short stories you could stick up as tests?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
OK, I could be wrong but when you said you changed your mailing address something struck me. Does Pubit require your IRS known address? As it appears on your tax return? If you moved after taxes they (IRS) still lists your old address. Not sure, but something to check at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Okay, I checked mine. I listed myself as an individual and used my SS# and had to have my name number and address as it appears on my tax forms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
MegHarris said:
I got an email from PubIt today telling me it was "payday," right on time. They've always had terrible customer service, but I don't think it means they're going out of business-- more that they just don't care that much.
They email remittance notices now? A payment finally showed up today after the last one in October and long months of me complaining about my paperback and Nook copies being unlinked and falling off their charts. Glad to know PubIt still around, somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
One of my titles is also stuck in processing at Pubit.  It's been frozen for a week.  Oddly enough, it's also erotica.  I wonder if someone at B & N is on a censorship kick.  Or if they feel they need to read each and every erotica title cover to cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
Yes, my old account is my vanilla books, and my new account is my erotica books. Since PubIt IS being a butthead with erotica, I separated the accounts out so that I would never jeapordize my solid sellers with the other stuff.

Just start a new one. Just start over. But be aware of keywords. You know the ones. That is what will get you. My erotica titles have gone through smoothly, but I'm not writing in any taboo or problematic subjects such as PI, dubcon, or shapeshifting and I'm pretty conservative on the covers. Lots of people get away with lots of things, but lots of others don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TexasGirl said:
Yes, my old account is my vanilla books, and my new account is my erotica books. Since PubIt IS being a butthead with erotica, I separated the accounts out so that I would never jeapordize my solid sellers with the other stuff.

Just start a new one. Just start over. But be aware of keywords. You know the ones. That is what will get you. My erotica titles have gone through smoothly, but I'm not writing in any taboo or problematic subjects such as PI, dubcon, or shapeshifting and I'm pretty conservative on the covers. Lots of people get away with lots of things, but lots of others don't.
I think I will make two separate new accounts. Sounds like a plan. Also, my erotica is vanilla hetero ordinary sex (so far). Just two consenting adults having fun. Usually with a dash of humor. There is nothing I can see that would flag my books. Also, one of them did go through. Which throws out my accounting is screwed up theory. I dunno. I think they are having serious problems and it has nothing to do with me, except maybe the hardware I am on - the actual server. Well, I'll start over anyway, on 2 separate accounts like I do at ARe/OmniLit. That's a good idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
Victoria Champion said:
Why won't they delete my account? Is there literally no one working there at PubIt anymore and it's on autopilot? Seriously. I am seriously asking that. There is zero response from customer service anymore.

So, anyone know what is going on over there? Are they going out of business?
Sorry about this, Victoria, but there never was any response from Pubit Customer Service for me, ever (except I think for a mechanical form letter once). I've had 2 sales there in all of December, my lowest ever, compared with 100 last July. I don't even trust that they are recording and properly crediting all their sales.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Richardcrasta said:
Sorry about this, Victoria, but there never was any response from Pubit Customer Service for me, ever (except I think for a mechanical form letter once). I've had 2 sales there in all of December, my lowest ever, compared with 100 last July. I don't even trust that they are recording and properly crediting all their sales.
Serious drop in numbers for me, too. The thought of under-reporting has also crossed my mind. No proof, but sales across the board except B&N are up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I don't know WHAT is going on with PubIT!! I continually have problems with them. I uploaded a boxed set and still cannot get the cover image to load!! After a month and a half! The cover artist is well versed in what they want, but they still come back and say it's a sizing issue. Now we're wondering if it's the 2D vs 3D issue and they don't know how to tell you that! On another book it took them a week to get it out - "technical issues". . .
Anyway, sorry you're going through problems with them - I think everyone is and they will lose authors if they don't fix things!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Well, in three weeks, I have sold 26 copies on amazon and only 1 copy on B&N. I can't find any kind of way to promote my book on Pubit like Amazon has. My book just sits there collecting cobwebs. Of course, Kindle probably outsells Nooks 50-1 so I guess I can't really expect much. I do wish they had a free promo like Amazon though, do you all know of any?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,361 Posts
Saul Tanpepper said:
Serious drop in numbers for me, too. The thought of under-reporting has also crossed my mind. No proof, but sales across the board except B&N are up.
This. December was my worst month on B&N since last January, which makes no sense, since I had a killer month on Amazon, and even Kobo sales picked up a little. I know sales weirdness can happen, but B&N isn't doing much to inspire trust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
Lisa J. Yarde said:
They email remittance notices now? A payment finally showed up today after the last one in October and long months of me complaining about my paperback and Nook copies being unlinked and falling off their charts. Glad to know PubIt still around, somewhere.
Well they send notices, but it still doesn't tell you how much your pay day is for. You have to go back to their site and check. And then they still don't have a way that I can find to break down sales of a single title, or at least organize the sales in a way to manually count them easily. An utter pain when I'm trying to track royalties on anthologies.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top