Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to think: that money was the "always the right color, one size fits all" GIFT... NOW I think it's Amazon gift cards for Kindlebooks... the "one-size-fits-me" gift...and yes, always the right color. ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I  agree- I got a rebate from ATT for my new phone- but it's on a visa card. I was thinking of trying to use it to get myself an amazon gift card to use for books.

Lynn L

G

·
Givin' me money--
What a callous way of showin' me
Just how much I stink.

Givin' me gift cards--
What a lazy way of showin' me
That you just can't think.

(Lyrics courtesy of a really bitter Paul Anka)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I used to get a gift card for Barnes and Noble every year from my husband, but this year I hope he's replaced it with an Amazon card- no more DTB's for me!

·
Registered
364 Posts
When mom ask me what I like for Christmas I told an amzon gift card, so I will see if that what she get me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have an interesting relationship with gift cards/money as gifts.

For a long time I was perfectly obsessed with Japanese rock music, so all I wanted was cds, Japanese rock magazines, and tour merchandise. Needless to say this is a bit of a niche market, at the time there were only 3-4 sites on the internet importing cds to the US, and only one importing tour merchandise.

So cash was a good gift at this point in time.

Now I've branched out a little, and though I still like the music, most of my tastes aren't as eccentric. I have an amazon.com wishlist so people can buy me gifts (and of course the amazon gift card is on there!).

But, sometimes I wish people would put more thought into a gift than just giving an envelope full of cash. My dad, for example, has been giving me checks for my birthday/Christmas so long that it's almost a tradition now. Once in a while I wish he'd just buy me a gift.

Oh well.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
When you think about it...what can you not buy with an Amazon card. I want a Lamy Safari fountain pen....I still want a Amazon card (versus money. No one ever know what to get me for christmas. I'm the only reader in the family.) cuz I can order it for much less than when I go to Paradise Pen (a pen store). I want a graphic tablet for my laptop....I order it through amazon, where its cheaper. Coffee for my Keurig coffee maker....order it through amazon. Now I am think what can i not order through amazon...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mikuto said:
But, sometimes I wish people would put more thought into a gift than just giving an envelope full of cash. My dad, for example, has been giving me checks for my birthday/Christmas so long that it's almost a tradition now. Once in a while I wish he'd just buy me a gift.
When my in-laws were alive they would give everybody $20 in a birthday card. Then one year they started giving everyone $22 in a plain envelope. The extra $2 because they had saved that amount not getting a card. In actuality, I think they didn't get out like they had in the past and did not get a card for someone so they felt they had to keep it up, fairness all around. Then someone teased them about it, (the extra $2 and not getting a gift instead) and it all stopped. I, on the otherhand thought it was rather sweet that they remembered, and missed the tradition.

Your comment made me think about those birthday "cards" and made me :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
edit: what can I not buy that isn't dirty minded, kinky, or is in need of censorship on the board?
LOL VA!!

I have decided if I get enough in Amazaon GC's, I am going to get me one of those new fangled coffee makers like yours!! ;D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Keurig B60 Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Home-Brewing System

I love it. Even my brother (who acts dimwitted to avoid having to doing a task) can use it with ease. I think I'll have another cup
My younger sister has this and loves it. I am going to get me one too Angela. ;D I have wanted one ever since I saw Tammy's and ya'll have pushed me over the edge. You gotta love your Kindleboard buddies!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I have to drive my bro to work in the morning and I drink coffee while warming up the car. I don't wake up until ten minute before I have to leave...just brush my teeth, braid my hair, feed the dog, and make a cup of coffee. All I do is go downstairs put a k-cup (the insert with the coffee inside), cup my cup (where cherries and strawberries painted on top) in place,  hit the cup size I want, and walk away then come back before I go. Then for clean up...I throw the k-cup in the sink so I dismantle it later so i can recycle it

The k-cup are like oversized creamers except they are filled with coffee. There is about 2 tablespoons of coffee in each k-cup

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts