Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if its against the rules of the board to promote an affiliate's competition. No slights to Decalgirl (I've bought two), but I want some of the skins on http://www.gelaskins.com for Isabella. I have written them to request and would appreciate it if I could get some support from members of this forum. You can contact them at the following web page: https://www.gelaskins.com/contact.php

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I understood the post to say they don't do Kindle skins yet but Jesslyn would like them to.

I don't think it's a problem to talk about them.  Stylz is prominently displayed on the board but we talk all the time about lots of other cover companies.

If Harvey has a concern, I'm sure he'll let us know.

Ann

·
Registered
157 Posts
I sent them an email requesting them to make Kindle skins :D  I love many of their styles, I have bought from them for skins for my Macbook.  Hopefully they will think about Kindle skins as well, not to diss Decalgirl of course, I just personally don't find the designs on that site to my taste unfortunately :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Man talk about quick CS! I just got a message back from Gelaskins:

Hi Lilith!
Thank you for your interest in GelaSkins! We will be looking at various designs for the Kindle this year, but I'm not sure as to when. Please check back with our website for updates, or sign up for our newsletter to have updates delivered right to your inbox! Thank you again, Lilith. Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

(deleted name)
GelaSkins Customer Service

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have a Gelaskin on my iPod Touch.... It's not thin like the DecalGirl skins, it's slightly poofy.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
wow! I love those. I think I want one for my laptop! I'd never think to do that but those are so cool. I'll request for kindle too.

Thanks for the post  ;D :-* :eek: ;D

Theresam

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Some of those are so beautiful! I emailed them also. Perhaps they could make the Kindle skins thinner Verena. I guess that is a suggestion we could make if you think they are too thick for a Kindle.

Linda

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Perhaps they could make the Kindle skins thinner Verena. I guess that is a suggestion we could make if you think they are too thick for a Kindle.
Actually, I like the puffier feel of the Gelaskins. I was surprised that the DecalGirl skin was so thin. However, the puffier skin may not work so well on the Kindle since the buttons are so shallow.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oh WOW, those are really pretty! I must say, and more my taste than what I have seen.
I hope they start making Kindle skins, I would love the one of the books!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I too emailed to inquire about Kindle skins.  They got back to me super fast.  Also told me they are working on it but "nothing is set in stone" and to keep checking their website or sign up for updates.  ;D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Like others, I have found some designs that I *really* like!

For those who have both DecalGirl & Gelaskins, I would like to know how they feel.  If I get a skin, I don't want it to be a lint magnet or to have a "sticky" feel to it.  I'd like a "grip" kind of feel if this makes any sense  ::)

Can anyone comment?

Thanks,

Marci

PS I will ask them to consider making "thin" Kindle skins  :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow! That site has some awesome designs!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Marci said:
For those who have both DecalGirl & Gelaskins, I would like to know how they feel. If I get a skin, I don't want it to be a lint magnet or to have a "sticky" feel to it. I'd like a "grip" kind of feel if this makes any sense ::)
They are not lint magnets, do not have a sticky feel, and don't do anything to increase the grip. The DecalGirl skins, in my opinion, are similar to window clings. The Gelaskins are thicker and more stiff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jesslyn - I am sorry I was reading through here so fast today I didn't read your post accurately.  :-[ :-[

I really like those skins a lot. I will send an email. Meanwhile, I think one for the cell phone or maybe the laptop would be in order.  ;) They are quite gorgeous.

·
Registered
869 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
They are not lint magnets, do not have a sticky feel, and don't do anything to increase the grip. The DecalGirl skins, in my opinion, are similar to window clings. The Gelaskins are thicker and more stiff.
I appreciate your feedback Pidgeon.

Thank you!

Marci

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This is the first I've heard of Gelaskins.  These definitely have a different look than decalgirl.  I like my decalgirl skin, but I like these too.  I would probably get one.

Thanks for sharing, Jesslyn!

Someone said they are puffy.  Are they only a little puffy... it wouldn't interfere with any of the cases w/ corners, would it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts