Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I find that the movies I see in my mind while reading a book are much better than any that Hollywood puts out.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
MichelleR said:
Outlander. :)
Essential Entertainment optioned the series last year. They have a treatment by Randy Wallace (Braveheart) and were sending the script out to directors. They were supposed to start shooting this month, but there's not a whisper anywhere that I can find that they even found a director.

Did they send it to Peter Jackson? :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
They already did "Starship Troopers" and it was . . .eh. . . .a movie. . . .

Ann
Yeah it was one of those movies that would have done better if it was not the same name as the book. There was so much to that book that just could not be portrayed in a movie well.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It's getting a little ways away from the cold war for the current generation to entirely get it but 25-30 years ago this would have made a great movie:

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Thumper said:
Stranger in a Strange Land, though I'm not sure a movie can honestly do the story justice.
There's just no way they could capture that magic.

Susan
who read this one as an impressionable 12-year-old, and was forever changed as a result

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.