Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1521 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of us would like Grisham or Rowling but what particular books are checking on and hoping for?   For me it is Watership Down.  I'd love to read that again on Kindle.  There is also a book called Fangland, I'd like to see in Kindle format.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love Watership Down! I actually own it already in print but I keep clicking on that one to request it for the Kindle because my copy of Watership Down is really worn out and falling apart. I also want to see his other books out on the Kindle because most of them are out of print. Probably not a priority to make them Kindle format for the publisher. :(

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
snapcat said:
I love Watership Down! I actually own it already in print but I keep clicking on that one to request it for the Kindle because my copy of Watership Down is really worn out and falling apart. I also want to see his other books out on the Kindle because most of them are out of print. Probably not a priority to make them Kindle format for the publisher. :(
If you want to help Kirstin, Snapcat and other Watership Down lovers, click here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/detail/request-kindle-edition/ref=dtp_dp_su_0743277708?ie=UTF8&a=0743277708

While you're at it, help me out! Click here for To Kill a Mockingbird
http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/detail/request-kindle-edition/ref=dtp_dp_su_0060935464?ie=UTF8&a=0060935464

Who else has a favorite?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Betsy!  I just clicked on both!  (again)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
OK, I have clicked on both and will continue to do so to help out...

I would love to have Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

·
0 Posts
Robert Heinlein - Stranger In A Strange Land

Haven't read it since I was a kid and would love to read it again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm a Youth Services Librarian who lived in Japan for a few years and love everything Japanese.  So I've been clicking on the Lensey Namioka's Zenta and Matsozo Mystery titles (YA novels about feudal Japan).  I've also been clicking on the Samurai Mystery novels by Thomas and Dorothy Hoobler (also YA novels about samurai Japan).  I've contacted the authors, and all say it's in the hands of the publishers.  Thomas Hoobler even said the publisher was pretty much against it, tho he would like to see the books kindled.

I'd also like to see Catherine Marshall's books kindled.  I read them about 25 years ago, and would love to read them again.  Alas, the print in all my copies has shrunk, and I can no longer read my old copies.   :(  I'd snap them up in a second if they were kindled....

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chynared21 said:
Ok...clicked on the clickables ;-p I'd like to read Kane and Abel...I know that my mom read it years ago and loved it. I'll even provide my own link :p

Kane and Abel
I read this years ago - would be great to read again! Clickety Clickety!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
i'm a Heinlein fan too, check out www.webscription.net - they have a bunch of scifi/fantasy books for sale in Kindle format.  It looks like about four publishers go through that site rather than Amazon.  I found a bunch of Heinlein books there that weren't on Amazon.  There are also a selection of free ebooks there, mostly first of a series books to get you hooked.  

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Heinlein, Tom Clancy, Arthur Clark. The two at the top of the list are James Michener and Tolkein. I know a coupleof books are available for each (well, except Tolkein) but I want them all!!  ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Both of Tim Wise's book.  Soft Skull Press claims sometime within the next two months.

I'm interested in reading Wednesday Letters, but their publisher gave me a generic, we are always trying to move to the complicated process of getting into the ebook business.  Seriously though, how complicated can it be?  You have to send an electronic copy to the printer, why not send it to Amazon as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would love to see Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus trilogy in a Kindle edition.  The books are (in order) The Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye and Ptolemy's Gate.  They might be somewhat difficult to convert for the Kindle because they feature a lot of very funny footnotes that would have to be linked to the text, but I keep hoping.  ::)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been clicking on "Dies The Fire" by S. M Stirling. It is the first in a series and book 2 and 3 are on Kindle but not book 1. I also click on "Alas Babylon" by Pat Frank. It is a bit frustrating but maybe someday they'll be there and I'll have a nice surprise.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ok, I clicked them both!  I'd also love to see To Kill A Mockingbird available for Kindle.  I love the movie and have wanted to read the book for years.  I've actually started it a few times but never finished.  Now that I have my Kindle I read much more so it would be great to have.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Do you have one or two in each series that you love most, that you'd like to get "Kindled" first? We'll post the "Please Kindle This" links here for your fellow readers to help push! I loved Catherine Marshall's books too. Again, which one or two would you like to have "Kindled" first?

Betsy
My favorite in the Namioka series is "White Serpent Castle", altho the first in the series is "Samurai and the Long Nosed Devils". The first 2 in the Hoobler series is "Ghost in the Tokaido Inn" and Demon in the Teahouse". As for Catherine Marshall, I'd love to read "Beyond Ourselves" and "Something More" on my Kindle.

Thanks everyone for clicking! :)

(From Betsy: I've added the links to request the books for eachof these books!)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Buttercup said:
Ok, I clicked them both! I'd also love to see To Kill A Mockingbird available for Kindle. I love the movie and have wanted to read the book for years. I've actually started it a few times but never finished. Now that I have my Kindle I read much more so it would be great to have.
Thanks Buttercup. Ill go click your book now. I remember reading that in high school and it was a good read even waaaaay back then.

1 - 20 of 1521 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.