Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my UPS status to see where my new Kindle 2 was in the delivery stage and UPS lists it as undeliverable. It didn't even make it to my house as it wasn't due to arrive until tomorrow.
What happened? Did the box get damaged maybe?
The shipping address is valid and i have used it many times with Amazon and UPS.

I was so excited about it arriving tomorrow night, now it could take days longer. I want to cry. Just had to vent

A

·
0 Posts
Yeah that usually means it got damaged in transit. I would call Amazon and let them know. So sorry!

·
Registered
134 Posts
OH MAN !!  :'(      What a bummer........lets hope that Amazon will take care of you and ship another without waiting
for a unknown length of time for the first shipment to show up. Good luck....

Brian

·
Registered
710 Posts
Wow. Does that happen often? That sorta makes me nervous now. I bet UPS will be pretty busy with the release of the DX.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Jeansaint said:
I checked my UPS status to see where my new Kindle 2 was in the delivery stage and UPS lists it as undeliverable. It didn't even make it to my house as it wasn't due to arrive until tomorrow.
What happened? Did the box get damaged maybe?
The shipping address is valid and i have used it many times with Amazon and UPS.

I was so excited about it arriving tomorrow night, now it could take days longer. I want to cry. Just had to vent
It does indeed mean it was probably damaged in transit. Armed with the tracking number, you can call UPS customer service to get more information. I think it's relatively rare, I've had lots of UPS packages and only had it happen once.

Be strong! Read some more KindleBoards while you wait!

Betsy

Betsy

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I had this happen once with a book and didn't even realize it had happened until Amazon sent me an email telling me they refunded my money and I could order it again if I liked.  The funny thing is, it's an order I tried to cancel 4 hours too late when I realized I already had it, so it worked out for me.  Hopefully Amazon will be quick about getting you another out!  I guess it's better than getting a Kindle with a screwdriver through the screen or something though.  At least Amazon knows it was a screwup in delivery and can't say you had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Be sure and let us know what happens!  This is soooo frustrating!  Good luck.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm really sorry that happened to you!

If it helps any, my new kindle came all in one piece yesterday, but now there's something wrong on Amazon's end and for like 20 books on my Kindle content page it says that it "Cannot send this item to your device) . Ugh.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am so sorry! Hang in there! If you can get confirmation from UPS you should be able to call Amazon CS and have them send you another one right away! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Anarel said:
I'm really sorry that happened to you!

If it helps any, my new kindle came all in one piece yesterday, but now there's something wrong on Amazon's end and for like 20 books on my Kindle content page it says that it "Cannot send this item to your device) . Ugh.
Anarel,

That is probably because if you have had multiple devices registered to your Amazon account at one time or other, the licenses need to be cleared for those books. Just drop CS an email listing the book titles and asking them to clear the licenses. Then you can start from square one with them. I had to do this a few times with each replacement Kindle (5 in all). Each time there were more books that wouldn't download but all is fixed now.

Jeansaint, so sorry for your problems with delivery. The wait will be worth it though! You'll love your new Kindle!

·
Registered
711 Posts
DD said:
Anarel,

That is probably because if you have had multiple devices registered to your Amazon account at one time or other, the licenses need to be cleared for those books. Just drop CS an email listing the book titles and asking them to clear the licenses. Then you can start from square one with them. I had to do this a few times with each replacement Kindle (5 in all). Each time there were more books that wouldn't download but all is fixed now.
Oh, I wish I had known that earlier; I had called them up this morning and the woman was just like- ok, we'll refund your money and you can just buy them again x_X But thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Anarel said:
Oh, I wish I had known that earlier; I had called them up this morning and the woman was just like- ok, we'll refund your money and you can just buy them again x_X But thanks for the info!
Yeah, they did that to me the first time when it was only 2 books. Then I learned how to do it from luvmy4brats who also had the issue. I ended up having to have 30 out of 113 cleared.

·
Registered
711 Posts
DD said:
Yeah, they did that to me the first time when it was only 2 books. Then I learned how to do it from luvmy4brats who also had the issue. I ended up having to have 30 out of 113 cleared.
Hn, there's some that weren't refunded ( I think the woman was tired of being on the phone with me so she said call back later to see if there were any changes) , I guess I can call them up and ask them about the ones we didn't get to.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Anarel said:
Hn, there's some that weren't refunded ( I think the woman was tired of being on the phone with me so she said call back later to see if there were any changes) , I guess I can call them up and ask them about the ones we didn't get to.
Sometimes it takes a while. Give them 24 hrs. and then call if they're not refunded.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That sucks but I guess its better than receiving a broken Kindle and then having to send it back and waiting for them to receive it and then send you a new one  :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Sweety18 said:
That sucks but I guess its better than receiving a broken Kindle and then having to send it back and waiting for them to receive it and then send you a new one :)
Amazon usually sends the replacement right away (usually overnight) and gives you a return label to send back the damaged one. I've never had to wait until they receive the return. I'd go nuts if I had too! :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah I ordered a Zune alarm clock from Amazon and when I got it, it worked for maybe an hour and right in the middle of listening to a song, it cut out and I couldn't get any sound at all. I was completely pissed, I called and the troubleshooting lady (from iHome audio) had me go through the steps I'd already tried (even though I told her I had done that stuff before I called as it was listed in the manual) and then she just seemed lost and told me to send it back.

Called Amazon, they asked what was wrong, then overnighted another one and sent me a return label to send the broken one back. Amazon's CS is seriously second to none.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I talked to Amazon and they said it was probably damaged in transit but I also called UPS and they said that it was shipping on time and that they had several people call about similar issues. The UPS guy said they would contact Amazon and see what is going on. I left it at that but when I checked the tracking info on Amazon an hour later it was changed from undeliverable to on time delivery. Sounds like a glitch in the system.
I am on time for tomorrow delivery....woot!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts