Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the second cover designed by KB legend Tara Shuler:

Thumbnail:

Here's the blurb:

My name is Demitri Mitchell, and I'm a vampire. I also happen to be addicted to blood, and have a history of being addicted to amphetamines as well as most mainline narcotics (it was the 80's.) Some people would say that I have a sex-addiction, but I think all those years of casual sex and prostitution was just a means to feed my ravenous hunger for blood; it's the chicken or the egg, to be honest. I want to tell you all about my journey; it's a story of love, of self-expression, romance, desire, and my quest to avoid it all. This is the tale of how I was a brooding teenage vampire.

Honest opinions, KB? I'm lost and teetering, need some directions...

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CraigInTwinCities said:
The male figure is okay.

Something about the female figure seems off. The smile is a big part of it. Not angst-y enough. Too posed.

The font doesn't hold up well in thumbnail for legibility.

Definitely not a YA title, from the blurb...

If there's humor/parody to this, I wonder if a more cartoony approach might be the way to go...
Yep, total spoof/comedy, and not a young-adult story, more of an older teen/adult story. I like the female, she looks Angelina Jolie-ish to me, but my problem is that there are no female vampires in the story, so it didn't exactly sit well for me when I saw it this morning. But I love her '
rape
' face, it made me giggle, so I'm torn on it...

I would rather see just a brooding type of guy alone on the cover since it is about him.
The one thing I noticed is that your brooding vamp's head seems to be missing its top as it blends into the background. I'm sure that's something that can be fixed. I wanted him to "pop" more.
Yeah, I had some vision of that myself, but to be fair I didn't specify anything. Tara had no idea who the main character was, or any details of the story, so she did a great job out of my vague email :p. I thought there would be communication in the process so I was waiting to send the details, but was surprised with the cover this morning so I didn't need to send anything lol.
But somehow it just works! It's like Tara just 'knows' even when she doesn't know anything about the story itself... It's eerie, I feel like my thoughts aren't private :eek: lol

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
T.J. Dotson said:
I opened this thread and spewed coke (the beverage) out my nose! Ronnell you owe me a new keyboard! ;D

Seriously, I like the cover and the blurb. The girls kind of blank, vapid expression is PERFECT.

I'll be reading this!
Awesome - I think that we can all agree that Tara knew just what I needed and I was over-thinking it ;D (I told myself that I wasn't going to be one of those clients...)

And ARC's (sans the review obligation) are available to anyone who wants to read it for a larf, it's only 15,000 words long :)

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DelilahFawkes said:
Omg, how did I not know this! :eek: I *have* to watch that show now...
Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I saw all the commercials leading up to the premier... and then I watched it in a house of girls and got hooked - it's actually really good. But it's Lacrosse instead of Basketball ;)

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ccjames said:
I like it, esp. the cover model's quirky little smile that goes with the snarky title (even though she isn't brooding). But I think that's what you're going for, snark.
Yeah, she's not the main character, she's just a random female vampire. But she's the center focus of the cover, so... I'm not complaining lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.