Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hello and welcome.
This has been a subject of many previous posts.  If you type in the search field you'll be able to see what others have said on the matter, and the many suggestions they've given.
Happy posting.
debbie

B

·
0 Posts
This is probably the #2 complaint about the Kindle.  However, research has shown that the technology used in the kindle for its display 1) provides a crisper, cleaner text than backlit counterparts, and 2) causes less eye strain.

There are a plethora of lighting options available, from the M-edge covers that have a built-in light that runs up the spine to tiny gooseneck clip-on lamps that you can attach to the top edge of your standard Kindle cover.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I had the Rocket ebook reader years ago...it was backlit. While it was a nice feature, I don't miss it. I find that reading in that manner caused my eyes to become tired rather quickly, like reading on a computer. I don't find it cumbersome to use a small clip on light at all and it doesn't disturb my husband, though he can sleep through anything. Or...you could be like Leslie and have that humongous light she has clipped to her headboard :p There are plenty of options. The biggest bonus is being able to read in the sunlight and not strain your eyes :)

B

·
0 Posts
I went through a phase where I was reading e-books on our ancient Jornada.  It was virtually impossible to read in sunlight.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Like many people, I'm staring at a computer monitor around 10 hours a day.  I'm glad the Kindle isn't back lit.  It's a relief to my eyes.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
cherryb99 said:
my Kindle had a backlight so I could read in bed without disturbing the hubby.
You may want to check out the Lightwedge, that is what I use in bed and love it. I believe the thread on it is in Accessories. It slides over the Kindle. I got mine at Books A Millon but Amazon has them also. You can also use the search feature and type in Lightwedge at the top of the home page.

Hope this helps.

Linda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts