Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is now official... Kindle WIth No Name will here after be known as Kwinn! A special thank you goes out to Lucky Rainbow for her idea to use the first letters of each word for the name. I absolutely love it! :)

Thanks also go to those who took my poll while I was still trying to decide on the actual spelling. Kwinn was the overwhelming choice... Well, honestly, Quinn would have gotten the most votes but I didn't include it on the poll as I had already decided I wanted to keep the K... :D

I googled Kwinn's name and found the following:

The girl's name Quinn \qu(i)-nn\, also used as boy's name Quinn, is pronounced kwin. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "counsel." May also possibly mean "descendant of Con," which has connotations for "intelligence." The Gaelic/Greek meanings include: wise, queen and fifth born.

PS - Harvey, could you please add Kwinn and Kwinn's to our spell check dictionary... thanks!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good Choice!!! Thats the one I voted for. "Spirit" says HEYYYY to kwinn and she wants to know is kwinn a boy or a girl ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kindled Spirit said:
Good Choice!!! Thats the one I voted for. "Spirit" says HEYYYY to kwinn and she wants to know is kwinn a boy or a girl ;)
Kwinn says hello to Spirit and Edgar also... and The Mighty Kwinn is all girl!! Of course I suspect she has a bit of a tomboy mixed in there, just like me! ;D

·
Registered
165 Posts
YAY - that's what I voted for!  Hi Kwinn!  And just think...  she might still be sitting all wrapped up in a box 'til Christmas time had your hubby not decided to be a softy and let you use her! 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
colleen said:
YAY - that's what I voted for! Hi Kwinn! And just think... she might still be sitting all wrapped up in a box 'til Christmas time had your hubby not decided to be a softy and let you use her!
Perish the thought!!! lol

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Angela said:
I googled Kwinn's name and found the following:

The girl's name Quinn \qu(i)-nn\, also used as boy's name Quinn, is pronounced kwin. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "counsel." May also possibly mean "descendant of Con," which has connotations for "intelligence." The Gaelic/Greek meanings include: wise, queen and fifth born.
That makes her name even more appropriate.

I know Kwinn will love her mommy and give her many hours of joy.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Keiko says hi to Kwinn and loves her new name!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kirstin said:
Keiko says hi to Kwinn and loves her new name!!
Thanks Keiko! Kwinn is bugging me now for a new skin... I told her to be patient and maybe we would win one!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How exciting.....
I get to order one tomorrow...and I imagine I will be checking its delivery every thirty seconds....
I have been haunting the boards for months as I saved....
Last night I took the girl to the midnight release of a WoW expansion and saw a cover for the light wedge and on sale for 2 bucks.... I snagged it because someone here or there mentioned it was a nice zip case..... I am very excited about a modern gadget that I actually WANT.....
Congrats and have fun!!!
I know I will....

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks DebT and welcome to the boards. I am excited for you, too! Waiting for my order to come in was the pitts, but I got to have fun here and made the time go much faster. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all!
Its a done deal...now phase 2 of the wait.....estimated arrival Dec 3 -9th....but at least its on its way! Wahooo!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts