Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you know... while I was waiting for the June BBoS to descend, I noticed a little message on KDP:

"IBAN and BIC codes are now required
KDP now requires IBAN and BIC codes for publishers whose royalties are paid in British Pounds (GBP) via EFT. The IBAN and BIC codes replace your existing Account Number and Bank Sort Code. To update your EFT in GBP bank account information, simply click the 'Edit this bank account' button under corresponding payment section."

The Lloyds TSB website tells me I have to either ring a service I don't have access to, or visit my account holding branch to find out what the hell my IBAN and/or BIC numbers are. Which sounds like I'll probably need to explain these things to the staff first :)

It's not like I'm expecting any money soon for myself, but I presume some of you will need to be doing this nowish. Either that or telling me there's a really easy way of figuring these things out...?

(I can but hope)

Also note: still no option to get paid by EFT from Amazon.com, despite the international-ness of all this :-(

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
For Nat West customers, the IBAN and BIC are on your statement, bottom right hand side. I just updated my account so I know :) Wish there was a way to get EFT from the US account though. Nothing doing on that front. Still need a US bank account. So every check I get from the US cost me £10 to negotiate it into stirling grrrrrr.

Mark E. Cooper

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out every bank handles giving customers an IBAN & BIC differently. For Lloyds, you have to go into the branch and ask. The staff said it wouldn't be on the statement (not that I'd know, since I do everything online).

But in the end, not difficult. Just a matter of queueing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts