Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally aware this is a Kindle orientated board, but I am so excited about iBooks being integrated into iTunes store! (sorry if this topic has already been posted).

They are featuring indie books *gasp* and the pages look so pretty *gasp* and finally you can se the Top 100 chart from your desktop.

I love iBooks, so I'm thrilled to see this. It will really help with promotion (I sell very well there), and I'm happy they're not excluding Indie's from their sub category promo's. Where as before it was pot luck if your book was found browsing the search is amazingly easy to use, and clean, and nice and ahhhh ... with the glossiness only Apple can give.

Kindle is great, but I hate the search function and feel of it.

This update adds a new dimension to the buying experience in iBooks. But then ... I am one of Apple's dedicated acolytes, so you guys may not find this as swoon worthy as I do, lol.

Anybody gearing up to start promoting more on iBooks now? Or is the general feel it's still going to be just as hard to promote effectively?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
This might seem like a bit of a clueless question (yes - I know - you have all come to expect that of me - fine - I deserved that -  :D ...

However - can you browse the iBook store from a website - or only from an iPhone / iPad / etc.??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Half-Orc said:
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

What?
It seems that the iTunes Music Store now has a tab for "Books" ... and a place for them in your library. I checked and my first book is listed there (the only one that's managed to clear the Apple Hurdle to date) so these are the iBooks and not something like iPhone apps.

Am I excited? Not really. The barriers are way too high for readers, even now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Raymond Birdsell said:
This might seem like a bit of a clueless question (yes - I know - you have all come to expect that of me - fine - I deserved that - :D ...

However - can you browse the iBook store from a website - or only from an iPhone / iPad / etc.??
I run the iTunes app on my windows PC. That seems to work. I'm not sure about any other way to access it.
 
Joined
·
7,412 Posts
Hey, awesome! They're promoting me and David McAfee as cheap summer reads  :)

But I'm happy to at least be able to check some reviews and whatnot from my PC, even if their interface is still a nightmare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
By luck, I discovered this just yesterday. It's great to see Apple opening up the iBookstore to people that don't have iphone, ipads, or ipod touches. And now we can actually see things like reviews on books without owning one of those devices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
I still have to search for my name or the book title but they're all there, so yes this is very good. Especially, in the light of the fact that soon I will have two audio books on I tunes.

Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Nathan Lowell said:
I run the iTunes app on my windows PC. That seems to work. I'm not sure about any other way to access it.
Thanks Nathan,

Not sure why that one didn't occur to me. I'll blame the obscure sleeping patterns of the 2 year old in the household for my ongoing stupor.

The little rat that could is taking over iTunes now ... very cool.

Raymond
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
I have an iphone and four books on Apple. Haven't been able to find them yet. Can't find them on Kobo either but they are selling well there.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
julie sellers said:
Any idea how long it takes to show up there? SW says it shiped on 5-18-2011 and I can't see it on ibooks on my iphone.
They are both up Julie. "Immediate Family" is priced at $9.99 and has no reviews yet and "Comin Home" is priced at $2.99 and hasn't been reviewed yet.

Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
I have an iphone and four books on Apple. Haven't been able to find them yet. Can't find them on Kobo either but they are selling well there.
All six of yours are up Gertie. "Arina's Pride" $2.99 : "A walk in the woods" $1.99 : "Sweet Savage Charity" $0.99 : "Listen to your Heart" $1.99 : "Only in my dreams" $0.99 : "Of Love and War" $0.99.

None of them have been reviewed yet.

Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Carl246 said:
All six of yours are up Gertie. "Arina's Pride" $2.99 : "A walk in the woods" $1.99 : "Sweet Savage Charity" $0.99 : "Listen to your Heart" $1.99 : "Only in my dreams" $0.99 : "Of Love and War" $0.99.

None of them have been reviewed yet.

Carl
Thanks. I'm downloading now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Half-Orc said:
Hey, awesome! They're promoting me and David McAfee as cheap summer reads :)
But I'm happy to at least be able to check some reviews and whatnot from my PC, even if their interface is still a nightmare.
In comparison to other eStores they are still behind, but, it's a step in the right direction (a logical step), and I too like that you can now see a full list of reviews. I don't use Apple direct for uploading, so I can't comment on the interface, but I have heard it's not ... pleasant. :)

Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
Can't find them on Kobo either but they are selling well there.
Yeah, I do well on Kobo too, but can never find my book unless I search. I don't get it.

julie sellers said:
Any idea how long it takes to show up there? SW says it shiped on 5-18-2011 and I can't see it on ibooks on my iphone.
Usually takes about a week for me (it seems SW sends every Thurs/Fri).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Okay, NOW I'll get off my butt and get Back in Black fixed in the Smashwords premium catalog (or figure out how to upload myself).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,688 Posts
The iTunes store is a significant improvement in Apple's interface. That June 30 date for enforcing the 30% commission is still looming and nobody seems to know what's happening. This is an interesting development. Given the new platform on iTunes, I expect them to add more features to make it more useful to customers.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top